Deandre Hopkins and his mom...

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Wow...I hadn't seen this. I respected him before this but now, he is an amazing human being. He and Larry on the same team...amazing.
YouTube

It’s one of the most heart wrenching stories one can ever watch. I saw it on 30 for 30 before he was a Cardinal and was a fan of his. What happened to his father is also tragic. Love the dude. They should let his Mother attend the games

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Wow. It amazes me how much people can overcome. I’m going to show this to my boys. Thanks for posting.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s one of the most heart wrenching stories one can ever watch. I saw it on 30 for 30 before he was a Cardinal and was a fan of his. What happened to his father is also tragic. Love the dude. They should let his Mother attend the games
This also made me a fan while he was a Texan. I remember his moms story well but what happened to his father again?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That pos should have acid thrown on his face... unreal how disgusting some people are...

Awesome hop gives his mom every td ball true heart felt moments by her amazing son

She sounds like an amazing mom also!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This also made me a fan while he was a Texan. I remember his moms story well but what happened to his father again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeAndre_Hopkins#Personal_life

Hopkins' father, Harris Steve Hopkins, died in a car accident on I-85 when DeAndre was five months old, leaving his mother to raise him and his three siblings. The November 1992 car accident happened when DeAndre's parents were returning from visiting family in Atlanta. The elder Hopkins' Ford Mustang GTS hydroplaned on the rain-soaked road after making a turn and flipped three times before striking a guardrail on the driver's side. While DeAndre's mother escaped with minor injuries and a concussion, the elder Hopkins succumbed to his injuries eight days later. At the time of his death, Harris Hopkins was 25 years old.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
count your blessings... Deandre must be a great individual for overcoming all of that. He was given every reason and circumstance to make poor decisions and instead he made great ones.

He's seen it all. Probably why he doesnt fear NFL corners. This clip is great... "Im not scared of you. I fear god, boy"

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is it true that Hopkins didn’t practice Wednesday or Thursday this week?

How bad is his ankle injury?
Is he playing this Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson