Deandre Ayton discussion

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Evaluating DA by production alone is moronic when like 95% of his value is defensive + rim gravity on offense.
Other the insult, you’re not wrong. But in the performances where his measurable as were subpar they were usually accompanied by low effort poor defense. Game day threads evidence that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evaluating DA by production alone is moronic when like 95% of his value is defensive + rim gravity on offense.

which I why I also highlighted how atrocious we were defensively in those games where Ayton's production was pathetic.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Other the insult, you’re not wrong. But in the performances where his measurable as were subpar they were usually accompanied by low effort poor defense. Game day threads evidence that.

GDT disproportionately focus on minor errors OMG HE DROPPED A PASS ONCE and counting stats. Nobody is talking about his inverted gravity in the throes of a heated contest get real.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm glad the kid turned it up when the lights came on.

Tonight is huge...... Really huge.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre has played exceptionally well in 4 of the 5 playoff games though.

In game 5 none of the starters did a lot offensively except Booker with 30 and Bridges with 13 points.

He played well in all of them. They didn't need him to score in the last game but he anchored our defense throughout this entire series. The Lakers have been scheming around him. Nobody called that 3 point bank shot heading into this series.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not very much discussion of his retrograde angle of rotation, either.

Sometimes I really question the cosmological awareness of this forum.

Some folks’ ends at the ball is a sphere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played well in all of them. They didn't need him to score in the last game but he anchored our defense throughout this entire series. The Lakers have been scheming around him. Nobody called that 3 point bank shot heading into this series.

I'm not sure we are disagreeing.

Only said Deandre Ayton played "exceptionally well" in 4 of the 5 playoff games.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why exactly do you do this? You just love trolling posters. You're not fooling anyone with your attacks buried underneath stat quoting.

Why do so many people act like Ayton doesn’t control a game on both ends even when he gets 8 and 7? You’re not fooling me with your red herring.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Shocked that more actually smart basketball people realize Ayton is elite

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do so many people act like Ayton doesn’t control a game on both ends even when he gets 8 and 7? You’re not fooling me with your red herring.

he played well with those numbers in Game 5.

You curiously haven’t touched the post where it showed Ayton with those numbers where we either were getting BLOWN THE F OUT or barely beating the worst team in the league.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shocked that more actually smart basketball people realize Ayton is elite

you mean when he’s not going to be named to any all-defensive teams... again. Or even get mentioned for Defensive Player Of The Year?

He has the ABILITY to be elite. But the idea that he is consistently is really unfounded.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stat wise not a great game again. However, go back and watch the game. When Ayton went to the bench the Lakers were getting points in the paint.

That’s not a coincidence. He anchored our defense and had a great overall series.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stat wise not a great game again. However, go back and watch the game. When Ayton went to the bench the Lakers were getting points in the paint.

That’s not a coincidence. He anchored our defense and had a great overall series.
They kept getting them when he returned as well. We just hit some big shots to counter them.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has the ABILITY to be elite. But the idea that he is consistently is really unfounded.
This. Dominate big dudes have a consistency about them. He isn't there....yet. I see motivation issues and/or the game being too fast and intense for him at times...and those are problems. I'm never easy on guys like that unfortunately. Wish I could give em a little more leeway..but it is what it is. I'm still glad we have him. Lol

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose