Deandre Ayton discussion

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I loved the spin off Drummond (who flopped) into a dunk. I loved the aggressive bump into Marc Gasol just before he grabbed him around the neck. I loved the and+1 where he just drove right through Drummond again.

This was by far DA's best game of the series, even if statistically he had other stronger games.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ayton’s contests in the paint—just masterful.

Fell asleep against Marc a couple times, but the overall package is incredible. Decent chance he, Trae, and Doncic are the 3 best players in the league (in some order) in 5 years.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DA was a bad bad man today, been waiting 3 long seasons to finally see this, stoked!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
On some play in the third quarter, Ayton was fouled on a layup attempt. He should have made it, but what was more important was that, as he walked to the line, you could see he had his game face on. I haven't seen that from him as a member of the Suns.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has been, hands down, the Suns best player in this series so far. Good to see him play great when it counts the most.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
Ayton’s contests in the paint—just masterful.

Fell asleep against Marc a couple times, but the overall package is incredible. Decent chance he, Trae, and Doncic are the 3 best players in the league (in some order) in 5 years.

Young will have to improve his defense A LOT to ever be top five in the league. (Luka only needs to improve his some).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I loved the spin off Drummond (who flopped) into a dunk. I loved the aggressive bump into Marc Gasol just before he grabbed him around the neck. I loved the and+1 where he just drove right through Drummond again.

This was by far DA's best game of the series, even if statistically he had other stronger games.

still fumbled away at least 3 passes he should have caught. That has to stop.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Incredibly pleasant surprise. I was afraid he'd become more timid under the bright lights, and it's been the opposite. Even the look on his face is drastically different. It is intense, purposeful, all business. Im not sure I can recall him smiling or laughing once during these games. Could Ayton be a post season player? Gets bored and loses focus through the drudgery of the regular season, but locks in come playoff time?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Young will have to improve his defense A LOT to ever be top five in the league. (Luka only needs to improve his some).

Yeah, I am probably biased by how he is RIPPING the heart out of the elite Knicks’ defense right now. He has the hardest path to top5, but damn that offense is thrilling. Most exciting player in the league; most skilled, too.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
still fumbled away at least 3 passes he should have caught. That has to stop.

Incredible post. 22 year old in his first playoff run has been the best player in a series including three inner circle hall of famers. The amount of Ayton quibbling is beyond the pale. So glad I was so right about him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

He even went at Lebron twice in the post and scored both times. I dunno where that came from, but I LIIIIIIKE it!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I feel like you post this exact same comment every year ha but I totally agree
Lol, I think I do! And we have yet to land a star with any of the proposed pupu platters. Maybe Paul is the exception, but not even everyone on here was sure it was a great deal shipping out Rubio, oubre and a 1st for an ancient $40m point guard.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His hands are the single most puzzling thing to me for his entire career.
He's just not a very fluid athlete. That's the reason for his fumbling and bumbling at times. But he still has great potential and a game that can materialize into great things if he has the motivation to be so. I think of his ceiling as Duncan-esque.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose