Deandre Ayton discussion

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I loved the spin off Drummond (who flopped) into a dunk. I loved the aggressive bump into Marc Gasol just before he grabbed him around the neck. I loved the and+1 where he just drove right through Drummond again.

This was by far DA's best game of the series, even if statistically he had other stronger games.
He even went at Lebron twice in the post and scored both times. I dunno where that came from, but I LIIIIIIKE it!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I feel like you post this exact same comment every year ha but I totally agree
Lol, I think I do! And we have yet to land a star with any of the proposed pupu platters. Maybe Paul is the exception, but not even everyone on here was sure it was a great deal shipping out Rubio, oubre and a 1st for an ancient $40m point guard.

dscher

Registered
Reaction score
His hands are the single most puzzling thing to me for his entire career.
He's just not a very fluid athlete. That's the reason for his fumbling and bumbling at times. But he still has great potential and a game that can materialize into great things if he has the motivation to be so. I think of his ceiling as Duncan-esque.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
His hands are the single most puzzling thing to me for his entire career.
Game 3 wasn't normal, there were several passes that were at his knees. The team should know to not pass the ball at his knees! Most big men, not just Ayton, would have trouble with some of the passes Booker was throwing to him on Thursday.

Didn't see that as much in this game.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DA is playing well offensively. I mean he is setting himself up for good, high percentage shots, and his teammates are finding him often. It's his defense most of the time that is impressing the most in this series. I still think he sits on his hands when he's on the bench, but is looking good. He'll almost certainly never be the generational superstar that Doncic. He may however be a more important piece of a top team and (crossing fingers… mentally anyways) championship contender.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DA is playing well offensively. I mean he is setting himself up for good, high percentage shots, and his teammates are finding him often. It's his defense most of the time that is impressing the most in this series. I still think he sits on his hands when he's on the bench, but is looking good. He'll almost certainly never be the generational superstar that Doncic. He may however be a more important piece of a top team and (crossing fingers… mentally anyways) championship contender.

he’s having the 1990 Mark West series against the Lakers I mentioned before the playoffs started. He stays focused and Paul either stays the same or gets a little better and we got this!