Deadwood (HBO)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just finished up the last season. The ending was a bit anti-climatic, but still solid. Damn good show, a shame it was cancelled so early. I'm hoping the movie pans out.

Where are you watching it, Prime?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can't believe they pulled this off... but won't everyone look A LOT older? Wonder if there's a time-jump from end of series to this.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great news! Since it's been so long, it's going to have to be able to stand on its own and entice new viewers while keeping continuity for the fans of the series.

I'm going to have to make my wife watch the series now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great news! Since it's been so long, it's going to have to be able to stand on its own and entice new viewers while keeping continuity for the fans of the series.

I'm going to have to make my wife watch the series now.

i think it's just going to be a movie, so I'm not sure if will have to be able to stand on it's own. or did they say they're going full series? if not, this seems like it's just one for the fans.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I have to go back and watch the entire series.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
i think it's just going to be a movie, so I'm not sure if will have to be able to stand on it's own. or did they say they're going full series? if not, this seems like it's just one for the fans.

It’s going to be an HBO movie, not a full series.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take things I never thought would be possible in my lifetime for 500, Alex! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Awesome!

Production has begun in Los Angeles on the Deadwood film. David Milch’s writing the movie, and Daniel Minahan’s directing. It’s taking place ten years after the original series, and the characters are celebrating South Dakota’s statehood. HBO’s description states: “Former rivalries are reignited, alliances are tested and old wounds are reopened, as all are left to navigate the inevitable changes that modernity and time have wrought.”

Returning cast members include: Ian McShane (Al Swearengen), Timothy Olyphant (Seth Bullock), Molly Parker (Alma Ellsworth), Paula Malcomson (Trixie), John Hawkes (Sol Star), Anna Gunn (Martha Bullock), Dayton Callie (Charlie Utter), Brad Dourif (Doc Cochran), Robin Weigert (“Calamity” Jane Canary), William Sanderson (E.B. Farnum), Kim Dickens (Joanie Stubbs), and Gerald McRaney (George Hearst). Jade Pettyjohn is joining the cast, too.
https://nerdi.st/2SP3pCh

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If the Deadwood movie was delayed by The Santa Clarita Diet season 2 somebody is an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for this to drop. Seriously...it's been a long time coming.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So, is this one of the only shows where they bring back an actor from season one to play a different character in season two?!? Weird.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So, is this one of the only shows where they bring back an actor from season one to play a different character in season two?!? Weird.
Lol and then they bring him back for the movie in a random third role. Dude must have great friends in high places on the show.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave