DCU: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Synopsis: When an ancient power is unleashed, Aquaman must forge an uneasy alliance with an unlikely ally to protect Atlantis, and the world, from irreversible devastation.
Director: James Wan
Writers : David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (screenplay by) Mort Weisinger (Aquaman created by) Paul Norris (Aquaman created by)
Stars: Jason Momoa, Ben Affleck, Patrick Wilson
Release Date: December 25, 2023

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Synopsis: When an ancient power is unleashed, Aquaman must forge an uneasy alliance with an unlikely ally to protect Atlantis, and the world, from irreversible devastation.
Director: James Wan
Writers : David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (screenplay by) Mort Weisinger (Aquaman created by) Paul Norris (Aquaman created by)
Stars: Jason Momoa, Ben Affleck, Patrick Wilson
Release Date: December 25, 2023

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I liked the first Aquaman but that trailer did nothing for me.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t the trailer just come out yesterday?
It did but this is saying they are not going to spend a ton on marketing. We have seen movies before try to survive on trailers and little marketing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It did but this is saying they are not going to spend a ton on marketing. We have seen movies before try to survive on trailers and little marketing.
Well, they’re kinda hamstrung with marketing already with the SAG strike which means no PR from Mamoa, who’d be a massive part of the marketing push.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, they’re kinda hamstrung with marketing already with the SAG strike which means no PR from Mamoa, who’d be a massive part of the marketing push.
True I was referring to past instances where the studios other than a trailer gave next to no additional marketing dollars. I am guessing they are referring to more of the co-branded marketing dollars. Doesn't sound like Happy Mean toys are coming.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True I was referring to past instances where the studios other than a trailer gave next to no additional marketing dollars. I am guessing they are referring to more of the co-branded marketing dollars. Doesn't sound like Happy Mean toys are coming.
Guess a good test case would be to see how the first movie was marketed to see if there’s any difference.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Wan recently cracking on the studios’ “trailer for a trailer” probably tells you his level of satisfaction for the entire ordeal of the reshoots, lack of pub push, etc etc.