DCU: Blue Beetle

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you answer your own question? No, I get it, word of mouth isn't going to boost it so quickly. I'm betting it garnered a lot of viewers who finally got to see themselves be the super hero. One of the coolest things I've ever heard of a moviegoer saying was from a farmer walking out of Interstellar, saying "Hey, we got to be the heroes for once."

Nope. We aren’t gonna go see some mid movie because Hollywood tried to throw us a bone with this trash

No I haven’t seen it and I’m not going to

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I dont have much interest in this. Maybe I’ll give it a go when it’s on Max.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely take the under on that bet.....
I think Gunn may have the worst timing in the world. I think Comic Book fatigue is real. He may now be the captain of sinking ship. Factor in the fans dissapointment with many of his decisions? This might be a perfect storm and like I said incredibly bad timing for him.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Movie is just over 100million at this point. This is not good, Mav..... This is not good.....

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of today, movie is at a little over 120 million. Considering it only made 2.5 mill over the last weekend (Sept 15), it's going to be a helluva haul trying to gross the projected minimum or 140 mill.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The decision to launch the tent pole of your new saga of cinematic story telling with a character that 99% of the population has never heard of and an actor that 95% of the population isn't aware of seems like a terrible call.

When you factor in that major comic book titles with A-List stars are under performing right now... it's a recipe for disaster.

DC reset, phase 4, incoming.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really wanted to like this movie. I liked the old animated series and I like the lead actor, but this thing has to be one of the most paint by numbers super hero movies ever. Just really disappointing and dull.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This film is going to be lucky to hit $130 (at just barely over $129m right now) and will fall way short of it's projected minimum of $140 million. It will lose more than $70 million for the studio.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I chose the "under" on $140 million. Finished just under $130 million.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
just watched this the other day on Max I think it was.
never heard of the blue beetle before.
from that perspective I appreciated the in depth origin story. But at some point I expected the alien symbiote empowered super hero to...you know...kick someones ass...... but instead he gets the big bads henchman to explore his feelings and suicide bomb himself?? wtf?
wasnt a terrible flick though...Ill watch a sequel

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just watched this the other day on Max I think it was.
never heard of the blue beetle before.
from that perspective I appreciated the in depth origin story. But at some point I expected the alien symbiote empowered super hero to...you know...kick someones ass...... but instead he gets the big bads henchman to explore his feelings and suicide bomb himself?? wtf?
wasnt a terrible flick though...Ill watch a sequel

I also just watched it on Max and it was not good.

You had Susan Sarandon and you did this??