Dbacks vs. Rockies: Game Two GDT

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
We just need to put everything into winning Game 3 - don't think of anything after Sunday Night.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, that sucked.

You just can't play relatively bad baseball against a team who's won 18 of 19 and expect to win. Good fight shown by the boys tonight at the end, but it was for naught.

crap.

We stranded what, 11 or 12 runners? Re-damn-diculous.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FU Melvin. You showed tonight you are a horrible manager.

i'm sorry, but anyone who could get this relatively weak lineup with only one bonafide stud monster pitcher into the NLCS can't be a horrible manager.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
TBS showing Byrnes throwing with his whole body... that move is just a bunch of crap. I actually agree with Milton on that move - it is 'false hustle'.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The only problem I have is what we will read in the papers tomorrow - that they are young and they get a pass. BS. Once they made it, they made it. The Rockies haven't been to postseason for much longer than the DBacks. I hate thye way they were let off easy for this series.....

I apologize for the tired rants ahead of time.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i'm sorry, but anyone who could get this relatively weak lineup with only one bonafide stud monster pitcher into the NLCS can't be a horrible manager.

He should of known Valverde was gassed and never had pitched that many pitches in a game before. Plus, letting Upton swing instead of bunting was dumb. He might as well let Salazar hit in that situation.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think Boston is winning the world series no matter who makes it they just have to much fire power on offense

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
He should of known Valverde was gassed and never had pitched that many pitches in a game before. Plus, letting Upton swing instead of bunting was dumb. He might as well let Salazar hit in that situation.

Justin Upton used to show such moxy at the plate. He had wonderful plate discipline. He needs to refocus and get that back. Plate discipline doesn't guarantee hits - but it takes raises pitch counts, tires the pitcher and catcher mentally, and he sees more pitches.

Mark Reynolds is just embarrassing. That idiot simply swings at everything with all his strength. His only hit was a result of a 'slow' swing to protect the plate...

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Justin Upton used to show such moxy at the plate. He had wonderful plate discipline. He needs to refocus and get that back. Plate discipline doesn't guarantee hits - but it takes raises pitch counts, tires the pitcher and catcher mentally, and he sees more pitches.

Mark Reynolds is just embarrassing. That idiot simply swings at everything with all his strength. His only hit was a result of a 'slow' swing to protect the plate...

Reynolds error turns out to be huge, as well as Drew's base running blunder.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well what done is done hope the dbacks and cards win on sunday. But man I am just so disapointed in the dbacks they had so many chances to take this game and couldn't hope they wake up on sunday

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know but this series should be tied 1-1 instead of being down 0-2.
Should of is all relative but I'm just as disappointed as you are. But the way this amazing season has gone, something is going to happen. I don't think the Diamondbacks are going to go down quietly.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you stay with Reynolds for game 3 or start Cirillo?

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Dude...to pained to make new post. copy plus paste from other forum

Well the D-Backs aren't hitting for no-no and Fogg has done alright against us. Of course that can change at Coors and Livan has done well there. I'm confident we could win that game, but the series may end there. I just don't feel that Webb has IT. You know, that thing that RJ and Schilling had and what Mickels thinks CC is also lacking.

I'd like to bring it back to AZ at least and be competitive in this series. Losing to Colorado wouldn't be awful because their fans have suffered enough. I just don't like losing to another young team.
You must be registered for see images
Anyway....good to get some playoff experience and if we lose, at least we'll have Hudson and Tracy back next year. Two guys who can hit for average and I'm hoping the young guys improve there too.

RJ please give us one more year!
Love you lots!

Gosh, I never got a better workout at the gym than I got during this game. I was jumping around, screaming, waving my towel, punching my brother, hugging my brother, taking off my shirt and waving it like a wicked awesome man, almost tearing it in two, sweating like a beast. I really need to put video of me on youtube. I just love this team so much.
Chris Young failed me though

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought we were going to win it tonight. Was screaming from the left field seats to pull Valverde. Way too many pitches for him.

UGH UGH UGH

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Time for sleep.

Have tix to 6 and 7 also. Going to be screaming at a TV for the three games in Colorado.

:fans:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

AZZenny

Reaction score
OK, I can't even speak this morning, just sort of a coughing bark. Bomel should be publically flogged for his anti-decisions last night. I was screaming to put in Cirillo (or even Robby Hammock for crying out loud -- anyone) by Reynold's second at bat. That was a NO BRAINER, but that cud-chewing dimwit has a pea-sized fragment of cortex, enough to vaguely recall something about not shaking a rookie's confidence, but not enough to remember this is the post-season!

All their stupid cliches are coming to fruition -- 'it's just another game' -- no, it's the POSTSEASON and you don't have the luxury of making long-term decisions as a manager, or stupid decisions as a player. 'Anybody anytime' -- How about: YOU! NOW! 'grinding away' -- this team IS grinding, like it has sand in the gears -- time to play like your damn hair is on fire! No one is teaching these kids about focusing under pressure. Instead they get careless, impatient, sloppy, and disorganized.

That said, I feel OK about our pitching at Coors with Livo and Micah (fingers crossed) but I have no confidence our defense, baserunning, or bats will do their part.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave