Dbacks updates throughout the 2021 season...including stats.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I really like the jersey concept. Hey it's a bit dull for my taste, but I've seen that style be popular.

Love that they are moving away from the super lazy pandering of the "Los" jerseys.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Anyone have an idea or theory as to why Randy Johnson is only retired player who is not available in current team jersey on all MLB merchandise sites?

It used to be you couldn't customize a jersey with a retired player (I tried multiple times and orders just got cancelled automatically) but recently jerseys for Gonzo, Matty, Jay Bell & Finley are available. Randy is only major player from championship team who jersey is not available, weird.

Last edited:

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
So things looked pretty good at the end of April, they were keeping their heads above water and there was some optimism - 14-12, .538.

Then along came May and the bottom fell out and you figured things couldn't get any worse. They'll right the ship and start playing better right? - 5-24, .172

In came June, and things haven't gotten better, they HAVE gotten worse - 1-11, .083

And we thought the 2004 team was rock bottom.......

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand. Is it the front office and coaching, or is it untalented players? It seems as if our farm system is generally well regarded but yet the players they bring up don't do well. Our high draft picks seem to not do well, or we trade them away. Players we trade for always seem mediocre. We seem to trade away our best players/pitchers (Scherzer, Bauer, Corbin etc., etc.) and bring in mediocre or worse.
SMH:(:soapbox:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've always rooted for dbacks sad to see them this atrocious...... sadly been focusing on suns a lot more obviously lol hard to watch a baseball team 20 48 whatever lol

Are there any bright spot players young on dbacks or at least in farm system....

God i miss jerry colangalo days... :(

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand. Is it the front office and coaching, or is it untalented players? It seems as if our farm system is generally well regarded but yet the players they bring up don't do well. Our high draft picks seem to not do well, or we trade them away. Players we trade for always seem mediocre. We seem to trade away our best players/pitchers (Scherzer, Bauer, Corbin etc., etc.) and bring in mediocre or worse.
SMH:(:soapbox:

Is there anyone who was in the rotation on opening day healthy and pitching right now? There is probably the major issue. Then all the little things add on.

Duplantier has been ruined...if he had major league talent to begin with.

I honestly wonder if any of these pitchers they are starting each game with are ever gong tio produce because right nowthey are getting knocked around.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there anyone who was in the rotation on opening day healthy and pitching right now? There is probably the major issue. Then all the little things add on.

Duplantier has been ruined...if he had major league talent to begin with.

I honestly wonder if any of these pitchers they are starting each game with are ever gong tio produce because right nowthey are getting knocked around.
I think they are just trying to get through the rest of the season. They aren't going to bring up their top guys at least not this year.

This is what happens when your owner pinches pennies instead of acquiring talent during the offseason. KK and group should just sell and get out Dodge. He'll make a nice profit and can go try and be better at something else. The bar would be really low with his tenure as owner here.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
-78: Run differential
Nope, the Diamondbacks haven’t come particularly close on many nights, losing by an average of at least a field goal each time out. In 20 of 23 losses, they’ve given up at least one “crooked number” inning in which multiple runs score. In five games, they’ve had three such innings. It’s hard to overstate the deflating nature of these sequences.

7: Blown leads
Yep, in nearly a third of their losses, the D-backs had ‘em right where they wanted ‘em. Heck, this streak might have stopped at four games had they held a 4-0 lead at Citi Field way back on May 7. Alas, Francisco Lindor hit a seventh-inning, two-run homer off Caleb Smith, and the Mets cashed in their ghost runner in the 10th.

It’s only gotten more demoralizing: Tuesday night, a 7-0 lead against the first-place Giants after two times at bat gradually dissipated, until Mike Yastrzemski’s eighth-inning grand slam into McCovey Cove sank Arizona, for the 21st consecutive time on the road.
Diamondbacks reach new low, lose MLB record 23rd consecutive road game: 6 stats that define ugly streak (yahoo.com)

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
Let the fire sale begin!

Please!!!!

The only keepers are Gallen and maybe Carson Kelly (he's hard to trade with a broken wrist anyway).

Make your best offer! Everything is priced to move!! Everything must go!!!

Ketel Marte (very good player, great contract) should bring a bundle back in return as long as they don't screw it up!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let the fire sale begin!

Please!!!!

The only keepers are Gallen and maybe Carson Kelly (he's hard to trade with a broken wrist anyway).

Make your best offer! Everything is priced to move!! Everything must go!!!

Ketel Marte (very good player, great contract) should bring a bundle back in return as long as they don't screw it up!

I would even be willing to trade Gallen since he has some value. Basically everyone is available for the right price.

I say that knowing you cannot just trade away the best players but this org needs a complete reset and the way to get value is by not hurting yourself in the process. I would expect major return for Gallen to be willing to move him. I don't know his contract situation and what that does to his value

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Williams was drafted by the Diamondbacks with the first pick in the fourth round of the MLB Draft that summer, which was the No. 106 pick overall.

Now 27, Williams was plagued by several injuries throughout his professional career with Arizona.