Dbacks Trivia

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trivia question... I know several may find this info by google....

Who was the St. Louis Cardinals (football) 7th round draft choice in 1979?

No, this isn't posted in the wrong forum... The answer might be very obvious after all.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk Gibson, WR, Michigan State

Correct..

Kirk Harold Gibson was born on May 28, 1957, in Pontiac, Michigan, not far from Detroit. He starred as an All-American for Michigan State University at flanker in football and outfielder in baseball. After Gibson set several Spartan football records, including 24 touchdown catches, 112 receptions, and 2,347 yards, the NFL St. Louis Cardinals drafted him in the seventh round in 1979. In 1978, the Detroit Tigers had made him a first round draft selection and signed him for a $200,000 bonus after his only season of college baseball. Gibson had decided to play baseball at MSU to get some leverage in negotiations with NFL teams. He hit .390 in 48 games, drove in 52 runs, and set a school record with 16 homers.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm bored... so... I'll ask another....

What current Dback was the 2'nd over-all pick in the 1990 MLB draft right behind Chipper Jones?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who's the last Diamondback to hit for the cycle?

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
I was hoping someone would forget about Wally..
How could you forget about Wally? I would rather forget about Buck. And after saying that its disappointing that with great names like that that our other two managers have been named Bob. Bring on Chip another in the great name managers.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Which Dback(s) have hit a ball off of the roof at BOB/Chase?

I don't really know the answer, I'm wondering. I think I recall Yamil Benitez doing it once, but that could be wrong. I'm wondering how often its been done and by whom. I'd look it up, but I just got done hiking Camelback for the first time and I think I'm going to die.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score

I don't really know the answer, I'm wondering. I think I recall Yamil Benitez doing it once, but that could be wrong. I'm wondering how often its been done and by whom. I'd look it up, but I just got done hiking Camelback for the first time and I think I'm going to die.

That was the first name that came to my head too when I thought of this question.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought of Yamil Benitez as well. If they could have combined Yamil, Brede, and Karim Garcia, they would have made decent outfielder.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson