Dbacks to sign Eduardo Escobar to 3-Year Deal

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good value, even though Escobar was disappointing down the stretch. Hard to believe that Avila will be making more than him...

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good value, even though Escobar was disappointing down the stretch. Hard to believe that Avila will be making more than him...

Avila signed a two-year, 8.125 Million contract - so Escobar makes quite a bit more

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I hope this means that Lamb will be moved. Even if he stays healthy, his repeated second half swoons have not helped the D-backs.

Although I guess if he platoons with Escobar starting vs. LHP at 3B and Escobar getting significant playing time platooning with Ahmed at SS against righties, it could work.

I support regular righty/lefty platoons wholeheartedly. And I expect that Tory will continue his rotating lineups at every position except 1B and LF.

Even though his policy of no set lineup during the season didn't keep us from dropping out of first place down the stretch.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Gambo speculated Lamb might move to 1B if they trade Goldy.

I like the signing to keep Escobar

Yea... I guess this can truly be a definitive sign that the team is preparing for a Goldy trade. That sux bigtime as losing Goldy is not preferable. But is double-sux as Lamb would be his replacement it seems... Yuck!

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Why not, he is the perfect punk for a punk team like LA.
Machado is not a west coast guy. Neither is/was J.D. Martinez. I always thought it was a short-term rental to move Machado anywhere west of I-95. Conversely, Yassel Pig is perfect for the west coast. If he ever sets foot on Lansdowne Street in Boston, he's gotta get beat up like Kruschev at a U.N. meeting.

As much as this makes me want to barffle in my mouth, the Doyers are in the Series, and the Dbs are not.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
And the Doyers have spent the money every year and have not won the WS in the last 30 years.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling ARZ is going to be very active on the trade market and by end of winter meetings Goldy, Greinke, Lamb and maybe Ray will all be dealt. Both NY teams and BOS could have major interest in Goldy and if ARZ is willing to kick in cash the Greinke market could expand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA