Dbacks to Nevada?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are tied to Maricopa County for the foreseeable future. The deal the county made with the Dbacks allows them to leave Chase Field early, but not the County

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They are tied to Maricopa County for the foreseeable future. The deal the county made with the Dbacks allows them to leave Chase Field early, but not the County

According to this article https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...m-county-approves-chase-field-deal/594820002/
It would cost them between 5 and 25 million if they left the county after 2022. I don't think that is enough of a penalty to guarantee they stay here. It's like those coach's buy out clauses that do nothing to keep them from taking better jobs.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Phoenix is a hell of a lot better market than Henderson Nevada. If they need revenue, they can try winning a few games and not selling their best players for scrap every season.

OP
OP
NoelPHX

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
Henderson NV aka Las Vegas Valley. The whole area is essentially the size of Phoenix so it would take no more than 45 minutes to get there from most parts of the Vegas Valley. The size of the stadium is what teams want now due to the change in how people are watching games. No more hanger size stadiums.

Like it or not, baseball crowds don't seem to be growing right now. Easier to add seats than remove if it ever became necessary.

OP
OP
NoelPHX

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
Looks like the new Oakland park is only going to be 35k seats. It does sound like a sport adjusting to a new reality.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the new Oakland park is only going to be 35k seats. It does sound like a sport adjusting to a new reality.

Yup - the Dbacks will either: Build a new 35-38K stadium in Arizona, or find a way to remove 10K of seats at Chase (removing part of the upper deck, make it a party deck, etc)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW - on the radio they were speculating that this is news NOW (since the Dbacks told them thanks, no thanks) that Henderson is trying to signal other teams that need homes (Tampa, Oakland) that we have a stadium plan for you.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Henderson NV aka Las Vegas Valley. The whole area is essentially the size of Phoenix so it would take no more than 45 minutes to get there from most parts of the Vegas Valley.
You're right. Henderson is to Las Vegas as the Cardinals stadium is to the City of Phoenix. It is all part of the Valley (otherwise known as metropolitan areas outside of the southwest deserts and San Fernando Valley outside of L.A. -- which is actually a southwest desert, too). :)

If a Phoenix team were to move anywhere, the Las Vegas area would be perfect. It is building to a major sports area around a city that already has glamour.

But as a long time Phoenician, I don't want to see any of our major teams leave the Valley of the Sun.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
NoelPHX

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
As a born and raised Phoenician, I want them to leave either. Would rather have my new local have a new team.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
I would hate to see any team leave the valley. But having cities pay for these billionaire owners stadiums or amentities is ridiculous. They keep getting richer because they get free stuff. If they want a fancy stadium, then they can spend their money on it.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
The owners of the DBacks behave like spoiled children, demanding a new stadium, while putting on a crappy product. Screw them

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As a born and raised Phoenician, I want them to leave either. Would rather have my new local have a new team.

Huh? I don't understand what you mean?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Huh? I don't understand what you mean?
I think he was trying to say. "As a born and raised Phoenician (living in Las Vegas), I don't want them
to leave either. Would rather have my new locale (Las Vegas) have a new team."

NoelPHX needs to proofread before he hits Post Reply. :)