Dbacks @ Cubs series thread August 1st - Aug 3rd

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I watched the first 2 innings on my phone in a meeting. Got to watch the last inning at home. Crazy game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I cant believe I missed the end but yay we won!

HUGE wins to take the series, something that looked very improbable after gm1

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No way man you're good.

For a second I thought I had jinxed both teams because the Cards let the Cowboys score right away and then Rodney. I was about to cry haha.

So Goldy hit a HR after 3 separate rain delays.

He's a deliberate guy he just needs time to mentally prepare for his at bats. ;)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
For a second I thought I had jinxed both teams because the Cards let the Cowboys score right away and then Rodney. I was about to cry haha.

He's a deliberate guy he just needs time to mentally prepare for his at bats. ;)
Somewhere someone is looking this up to see if it has ever happened before. :cool:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That was huge I mean they took what would have been another soul crushing loss, and they turned it into a HUGE win. Now go kick the Giants in the mouth!

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Two out of three to win the series. Impressive! Especially with our ace getting tagged. I had the TV on while doing other things from start to finish, through the three rain delays (the last of which had no rain) and Goldy hitting his 2nd, 3rd and 4th HR's lifetime in Chicago. And the RJ number retirement replay (most of it) during the last rain delay. It felt good to see our D-backs come out on top.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Huge series win and turnaround from Tuesday's debacle. Less than ideal circumstances blowing the lead twice and three rain delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Missed the whole game. Sounds like I would have had several heart attacks if I watched it. Glad they won!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Missed the whole game. Sounds like I would have had several heart attacks if I watched it. Glad they won!

The rain delays were a shame, because if all of it would have happened at the normal pace of a game, it would have been INSANE. Like playoff type game. But as it was with the weather so bad there were only a few thousand brave souls left in the stands lol.

The pitching wasn't great today, but like I said neither starter was great. It's just so tough to have your routine messed up like that so I'm not reading too much into it. The only guy who could get to ZG was Contreras.

Goldy had a career day. Not only did he hit the HR's but they were all clutch hits with either men on base or the game on the line.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see us win a series that we are outscored in. Been happening the other way around

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson