Dbacks aquire Matt Andriese

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decent pickup, IMHO. Innings eater, which is needed out of the bullpen. Delgado was released, so that must mean the Dbacks feel he can't comeback from the injury with any effectiveness.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Prior to his recent injury woes, Delgado has been a durable and overall effective arm for the D’Backs, making today’s DFA somewhat of a surprise. One would think rival teams would be interested in seeing if Delgado can regain his old form, particularly given his low price tag — he has roughly $810K remaining owed to him in salary over the rest of the year, from the $2.25MM deal agreed to last winter in his final year of arbitration eligibility. With Andriese essentially stepping into the old swingman role, it could be that Arizona is simply looking to get rest of Delgado’s salary off the books (modest as it might be) to clear some space for additional moves.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/07/diamondbacks-designate-randall-delgado-for-assignment.html

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess i just don't understand. I keep reading how we have a weak farm system, but yet, it seems every time i turn around we are trading some of the better looking talent that we do have, for somewhat questionable veterans. Just don't get it.:shrug:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really sad to see Shaffer go. He was one of the more underrated prospects in our system who would have shot up the list next year but not now.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess i just don't understand. I keep reading how we have a weak farm system, but yet, it seems every time i turn around we are trading some of the better looking talent that we do have, for somewhat questionable veterans. Just don't get it.:shrug:

It’s a combination of an ownership group that simply refuses to go into a rebuilding mode and a string of short term FO tenures.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It’s a combination of an ownership group that simply refuses to go into a rebuilding mode and a string of short term FO tenures.

This... clearly, ownership/management have decided they are all-in on making a run this season. Otherwise, we would surely have seen some action on Pollack and Corbin, and maybe others...
Which all means that at best, we will see a repeat of last year where we grab a Wild Card and then get our clocks cleaned by the Dodgers. There's a big part of me that wants to see this team in the post season again, yet, I also know that this approach is going to make the next 3-5 years extremely painful and ugly! The idea of both Pollack and Corbin walking away from this team and getting nothing in return is so hard to swallow... :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave