Day 3 Options

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The best players, Crosby (likely a guard), Averett & Hill, CBs are likely long gone before the Cards draft. J Jones, OT might make a RT. Pryor, OG could develop. Tate is a good possession receiver. Carter RB, Grambling would fit SK’s profile. If there at 7, I like Izzo the FSU TE. If they want a FB Flowers is an excellent one. Someone will grab Griffin, a potentially great gunner. Thomas TE would fill a need.

These guys all have flaws but the also have upside.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Marcel Ateman WR really impressed at Ok St pro day, guy is big and fast. He's really good at going up and getting high throws or 50/50 throws. We could use another receiver to go along with Fitz and Kirk.

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OT Jamarco Jones
WR Equanimeous St Brown
CB Parry Nickerson
CB Tavierre Thomas
LB Keishawn Berria
LB Azeem Victor
TE Adam Brenamen

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
OT Jamarco Jones
WR Equanimeous St Brown
CB Parry Nickerson
CB Tavierre Thomas
LB Keishawn Berria
LB Azeem Victor
TE Adam Brenamen

EQ’s a good player and underrated. Nickerson can play but coach likes big corners.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft differs this year in that there are few if any sexy prospects who fell into Day 3.

The one available guy who excites me is Shaq Griffith - more than just the touchy-feely story - kid's a baller.

There also a few safeties (including Igwebuke) who caught my eye - we could use one of those.

The DT (Settle) is still out there.

Other than that - I just hope SK can find us a few "extenuating circumstances" guys who play faster than they time or are cleaner than their resume suggests...

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
EQ’s a good player and underrated.
I completely forgot about him, good receiver, never had a decent qb to get the ball to him. Would have to use our 4th to get him, will probably be gone by then

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark Walton RB U of Miami
Kendrick Norton DL U of Miami
R J McIntosh DL U of Miami
Chris Herndon TE U of Miami

players I am familiar with

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While, I don't have a name, I'm expecting (4th round) a CB from a "small" school. A Justin Bethel type. Unless, a guy like Averett falls into their lap. But, "gun to my head", I'll go small school.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Tim Settle DT Virginia Tech
Kendrick Norton DT Miami
Folu Fotukasi DT UCONN
Parry7 Nickerson CB Tulane
Tarvarus McFadden CB FSU
JC Jackson CB Maryland
Brandon Facyson CB Virginia Tech

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QB Lauletta went to the Giants.

He might have been a prospect if the Cardinals had not drafted a QB early.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
defense in this draft is pretty much tapped as far as players who will play this year...may be an odd DT somewhere...

but we have a backup starting at RT...we have a rookie QB.... we need a TE and maybe another WR

E.Q. St. Brown, Simmie Cobbs, Auden Tate and Jordan Lasley are all available WR's...Lasley is smaller than the others but he has been catching touchdowns from Rosen for a couple of years...familiarity is good.

Troy Fumagalli...is a decent TE...and I like Dalton Schultz from Stanford... both these guys are in the 6'5" 245-250 range... they also both BLOCK as well as catch....think Jason Witten, Greg Olsen...old school do it all TE's sure come in handy when your OT's cant handle a speed rusher....or you have to double team someone on the interior line(DonkeyKong) and cant cover the edge...

NFL.com has Schultz rated at 5.7.... compare that to Christian Kirk whom they have rated at 5.83...pretty close.... Fumagalli is rated 5.22

I am biased here but keep in mind Schultz is a Stanford guy, not a southern mississippi state guy...so he should learn well..

Durham Smythe from Notre Dame is also a solid option at TE as an all around player. Its hard to judge any of the ND pass catchers fairly due to how poor their QB play was last season... but I think both Smythe and St. Brown are both going to be much more productive as pros than they were in college

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone think the Cardinals will try to recoup a 5th round pick?

Maybe they try to pick up another pick in the 6th round by moving down.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On the heels of an Equanimeous, Parry, Tavierre, Keishawn and Azeem you've got what?

Adam?

How'd he get there?

ARZ met with him I believe at the SR Bowl. He would be a good 7th round option as a pass catching TE.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave