David Johnson

Reaction score
I watched the play. You're misreading my comment or something. All I said was he seemed to run slowly watching the play vs sprinting when he got the ball.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

I think he was waiting on blockers. If you watch when he gets up to where Fitz is at Fitz is the only blocker around with several Falcons.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You are right. All the people sitting with me commented how he almost appeared to be jogging. Love DJ but he doesn't seem to hit the afterburners and in that situation he has 20+ yards to think about what to do so not sure why he was still in 2nd gear.
Back still bothering him??

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t know about run blocking, but DJ has been (and still is) poor blocking for the QB. He almost got Kyler killed against the lions twice, and has been caught flat footed a few times since.

Never been his strength.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
“You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need.” He is overpaid and not ideal, but I can live with him and Edmonds for another year.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One other thing, after his TD catch, David was really fired up. That was the most emotion I've seen from him in two years, and that gives me a little hope that DJ will be giving it 100% the rest of the year.

That's exactly what I thought. I don't think I have seen that much excitement out of him in years and know is on board on where these team is going. Feels like he had doubts or wasn't happy with the pass happy offense he was now in. Looks like he feels that he will be more involved in it.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought. I don't think I have seen that much excitement out of him in years and know is on board on where these team is going. Feels like he had doubts or wasn't happy with the pass happy offense he was now in. Looks like he feels that he will be more involved in it.

Looks like he's off the injury list for now. It would be great to have him at 100% vs. the Giants.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1st off they were going against Atlanta - one, if not, of the worst NFL defenses in the league...so simmer down

2nd - anyone with two eyes can see Chase is twice as fast as DJ

3rd- show me a single broken tackle and I'll show you 10 where he literally dived at the ground when he got touched and he should have been able to fight through it.

I've seen enough of DJ - and unfortunately his contract (which shows him being paid as the 2nd highest RB in the league) - which he does NOT play like - nor anywhere near the top 3 RB's in the league

He's at best a top 25 RB

If it were up to me I'd start Chase and rotate in DJ, but due to his contract they won't.
Game tape, facts, logic and sound reasoning all adamantly oppose your stance here. Go on with the chlorophyll though.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You do not get extra points for a rushing TD over a receiving one because this is not fantasy football. The yards count as much be it running or catching. DJ is an elite offensive weapon... though it's not a traditional stat sheet but it works great for our offense

Btw, I love your avatar. Reminds me of being a Cardinal fan back in the 60's. Brings back memories of Sonny Randle, Bobby Joe Conrad, Jackie Smith, Larry Wilson, and Johnny Roland.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What's crazy is that right now, Edmonds looks like a better pure runner than Johnson. He just seems to get more out of his carries, but Johnson's pass catching ability is elite for a running back, so you stick with him more often.

I love all the varied formations that KK is throwing out. People tend to forget the year that KK had Jace Amaro at Texas Tech. KK has shown that he will change up his scheme to fit the personnel he has. I'm really digging Maxx Williams; to the eye, he appears to be the best TE the Cardinals have had in awhile when you consider blocking and receiving. He's turning out to be the most underrated signing of the offseason for the Cardinals.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Btw, I love your avatar. Reminds me of being a Cardinal fan back in the 60's. Brings back memories of Sonny Randle, Bobby Joe Conrad, Jackie Smith, Larry Wilson, and Johnny Roland.

We must represent our age, which is actually the only way we can look cool, though you have about a few years on me in fandom haha... been a fan since the mid seventies :cards:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I propose that 10 -12 carries a game does not allow a featured back the opportunity to be fully successful - I mean after a great balanced 1st half lead against Atlanta -the AZ play caller passed the team into a collapse, when a featured back should have been the most productive!

Reminded me of the 09 packers playoff game, when Beanie and resulting play action lead us to a 3 score lead - then the greatest pass fest I’ve ever seen resulted in a loss of the lead - and overtime squeaker to advance - followed by the bounty game - Kurt Warner’s last against the saints. Hightower started the game with an 80 yard td run. Followed by 9 more carries the entire blow out loss - Kurt got killed - leinart got killed - Beanie was fresh! Stupidest thing I ever seen since the 08 late season collapse - for the same reason.

Well we had 10 stupid runs in the Super Bowl after edge was reinserted last game in Seattle and established play action through the playoffs - until we passed ourselves to death in a close Super Bowl - praise fitz and his record run - most of it happened because Edge established the run as a featured rb in the games we actually won.

CJ was league rushing leader when BA took us to the playoffs - DJ took over after injury and was featured rb through rest of BA success - with historic results - no run no effective rpo/play action. This air red offense is good - if it wants to be great - give david the chance to establish the run - before we get neck deep in the nfcw - right now the niners will destroy us. Another coach another we should have ran more - stating he did not know Edmonds only had one carry in the 2nd half - I knew it - I care about it - maybe in the freaking Phoenix unicorn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA