David Johnson

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Multiple 5 and 6 yard runs yesterday....... Havent said that in a while. I think he will be just fine if he stays healthy.

4.6 ypa on 18 attempts is a good first start with one of your tackles out and his replacement only a week into his tenure here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On the seam route he looked like he had some of the old speed back. Loved that play design and call.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And missed one badly.

Not sure which play you’re referring to... but, if it’s the one I’m thinking of, where there were 2 rushers who broke free up the middle, DJ first got a block on one of them, but it was the mistake of (can’t recall the other olineman on the play) who made the wrong choice and let his man fly in. DJ actually broke off his block to try to get his body on the dude who broke free. If this is the play you’re referring to, try to watch the video closely as, if you just give it a quick glance it will look like DJ missed his own block... which wasn’t the case at all.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Also forgot to mention the strength of Detroit's front. Snacks Harrison is routinely listed as one of the best run defending NT's in the entire league and the rest of the squad is super stout.

I truly think the width we created on the outside without TE's played a big factor in that.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not sure which play you’re referring to... but, if it’s the one I’m thinking of, where there were 2 rushers who broke free up the middle, DJ first got a block on one of them, but it was the mistake of (can’t recall the other olineman on the play) who made the wrong choice and let his man fly in. DJ actually broke off his block to try to get his body on the dude who broke free. If this is the play you’re referring to, try to watch the video closely as, if you just give it a quick glance it will look like DJ missed his own block... which wasn’t the case at all.
shipley was supposed to get one of those guys but helped the guard double team the DT instead... DJ did everything he could to stop that blitz