Dark Winds (AMC)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starring: Zahn McClarnon, Kiowa Gordon, Jessica Matten, Deanna Allison, Rainn Wilson, Elva Guerra, Jeremiah Bitsui, Eugene Brave Rock, Noah Emmerich
Directed by: Chris Eyre, Sanford Bookstaver
Created by: Graham Roland (Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan)
Executive producers: Robert Redford, George R.R. Martin, Anne Hillerman, Chris Eyre, Vince Calandra (Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan), Vince Gerardis (Game of Thrones) and Tina Elmo (The Mustang).

Synopsis
Set in 1971 on a remote outpost of the Navajo Nation near Monument Valley, Dark Winds follows Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn of the Tribal Police as he is besieged by a series of seemingly unrelated crimes. The closer he digs to the truth, the more he exposes the wounds of his past.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I already binged it. I have a soft spot for these kind of shows where Native Americans play major roles.

I liked it because of the characters and the mysticism, but I’m hoping they get a little bit better mystery in season 2.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already binged it. I have a soft spot for these kind of shows where Native Americans play major roles.

I liked it because of the characters and the mysticism, but I’m hoping they get a little bit better mystery in season 2.
I just watched the pilot last night. Going to try and watch an episode each night if I have time. I have huge soft spot as well. My uncle owned a Native American Art Gallery and dealt exclusively with Native American artists for over 40 years. When I as a kid in Cali he would take me to celebrations he was invited to or Native American Art shows. I met Iron Eyes Cody (have his autograph somewhere) which is ironic considering he was just an actor playing an Indian but made appearances all the time at those shows. Then many years later Wes Studi I think before he did Dances with Wolves or maybe it was around that time. I don't recall.

P.S. Funny story, I saw West Studi again when I was on a work lunch at Cheesecake Factory of all places several years ago. I debated walking over to him to say we met once before (not like he would have remembered me) but it looked like a work lunch with an agent or something. I didn't want to bother him.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've lived out there. No one's truck is ever that clean. The red mud is on virtually everything. Even your tortillas have a thin layer of dust on them

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bride and I are enjoying this immensely. Second season is, so far, as good as the first.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Just finished season 2. Between Dark Winds and Reservation Dogs, Zahn McClarnon is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors.

JerkFace

Reaction score
I liked the first 3 (maybe 4) seasons of Longmire, but the final 2 (maybe 3) seasons were so incredibly bad that I’ve tried to purge that series from my memory.

JerkFace

Reaction score

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Watched the first episode last night. Really good, although I didn't like the humorous shot that the "Berkeley" grad took at my alma mater, Arizona State. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA