D'Antoni's take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Mike D'Antoni coaches my friend's little brother's basketball team because it is the team his son is on. At practice Monday, Mike told my friend's mom that the Suns are just dead tired. Mike also had some choice words about Marion. He said that a guy who makes $15 million a year should be able to get over not being named to the defensive first-team even if he did deserve it. Apparently Marion has been super pissed about being snubbed and D'Antoni thinks his play is suffering because of it. That's the news from the D'Antoni camp.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
DennisHaskinsAZfan said:
Mike D'Antoni coaches my friend's little brother's basketball team because it is the team his son is on.

How can Mike coach a youth bball team? If you ignore the media swarm that would be around it, it just doesn't seem logistically possible.

NBA head coaches work 18 hours a day during the season. There is definitely not any extra time to do something like that. Not to mention road trips and what not.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I just noticed his title

Dave64 Fan Club President

I defintely put the BS claim on it as well (I was trying to be nice about it earlier)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Let me be the first to call bullsh!t on this.

Beat me by six minutes, heh.

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
DennisHaskinsAZfan said:
Mike D'Antoni coaches my friend's little brother's basketball team because it is the team his son is on. At practice Monday, Mike told my friend's mom that the Suns are just dead tired. Mike also had some choice words about Marion. He said that a guy who makes $15 million a year should be able to get over not being named to the defensive first-team even if he did deserve it. Apparently Marion has been super pissed about being snubbed and D'Antoni thinks his play is suffering because of it. That's the news from the D'Antoni camp.

Gee, thanks for the update, Screech.

Please let us know when your friends mom knows more about JJ's injury. :rolleyes:

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
DennisHaskinsAZfan said:

You are a sad, sad chumppppppppp

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Well, before everyone gets all up in arms over this, I actually know this kid, and he doesn't lie, nor would he have a reason to here. Does any of this news seem incredibly implausable anyway? I mean would anyone be shocked if the Suns were worn out, or if Marion was bitching about being snubbed? With the exception of Nash, the entire team looked asleep last game, so fatigue is hardly a stretch. All Marion has done all year is bitch about being underappreciated, about getting no respect. Nice attacking someone for bringing info though...

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Does any of this news seem incredibly implausable anyway?

You mean, besides the parts about D'Antoni coaching a kiddie team in the middle of an NBA championship chase and casually ripping on one of his players to a total stranger? No, I guess not.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
Well, before everyone gets all up in arms over this, I actually know this kid, and he doesn't lie, nor would he have a reason to here. Does any of this news seem incredibly implausable anyway? I mean would anyone be shocked if the Suns were worn out, or if Marion was bitching about being snubbed? With the exception of Nash, the entire team looked asleep last game, so fatigue is hardly a stretch. All Marion has done all year is bitch about being underappreciated, about getting no respect. Nice attacking someone for bringing info though...

Sorry ASUChris, but the source doesn't seem credible. D'Antoni doesn't have time to coach another basketball team, Marion doesn't make $15 million a year, D'Antoni badmouthing Marion (had choice words....whatever), etc. Isn't Dave64 the guy who kept making claims like " I have a friend of a brother's uncle of mine that says the Suns will win in 6"???

AZZenny

Reaction score

Yeah - the notion that Coach D would be so loose-lipped, bitching to some neighborhood Mom about the inner workings of his team sounds totally implausible to me. It seems totally out of character with the way he has handled himself all season, and inconsistent with the way people who know him describe him.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I saw D'Antoni at the mall today wearing a Mavericks jersey and he told me that Mark Cuban does not look like a 14 year girl with that haircut.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Isn't Dave64 the guy who kept making claims like " I have a friend of a brother's uncle of mine that says the Suns will win in 6"???

Dave64 was a tool that got banned during the summer I think. Constantly posted random things to get his count total up. I can't remember what it was that got him banned, but there definitely wasn't an uproar about it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
elindholm said:

You mean, besides the parts about D'Antoni coaching a kiddie team in the middle of an NBA championship chase and casually ripping on one of his players to a total stranger? No, I guess not.

From most kiddie teams that I have seen, there are plenty of "coaches" involved in the process, it wouldn't shock me if D'Antoni gave a night a week to help the team.

I can agree that the fact that he was ripping on Marion to a team mom seems unlikely, but still far from impossible in my opinion. I would imagine D'Antoni would be pretty pissed at the outcome of the previous night, and may have made a comment. Like I said before, Marion has bitched an ungodly amount this year as well. We can argue semantics over the phrase choice, but personally, it doesn't strike me as incredibly implausible.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:

I dont know Chris, it seems way to ridiculous to be true. There is no way the D'Antoni coaches a youth basketball team. Absolutely no way.

Considering how much he pumps Shawn up in the media, the comments seem completely out of the blue. Then considering his title has something about a banned member (could be sarcasm I guess....) his credibility isn't glowing.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
From most kiddie teams that I have seen, there are plenty of "coaches" involved in the process, it wouldn't shock me if D'Antoni gave a night a week to help the team.

Impossible. I work for the old VC of the Suns, and he has told me tons about the workload coaches have.

The coaching staff barely has time to eat, let alone give a night a week to a kiddie league. Their days off consist of watching film.

Maybe he gives a night or two a season, but that would never happen during the playoffs.

Also, consider the timing. Shawn got very vocal during game3 and 4 days. Did D'antoni fly back to phx to tell this mom that? Or do you think he had a conversation with her last night? You have got to be kidding....

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I understand why people feel the way they do about the comments, I am just saying that I know the kid, and I find it hard to believe that he would lie about it. I mean, it is hearsay, but I don't find it that implausible. Either way, no big deal in the whole grand scheme of things...

OP
OP
DennisHaskinsAZfan
Reaction score
D'Antoni's said that it's his favorite part of bball, coaching his son's team. If you guys don't want to believe me I'll stop posting.

OP
OP
DennisHaskinsAZfan
Reaction score
They are friends and it is true he's not there for every practice or even more than a few practices and games. I was merely trying to offer something different from the Paul Coro articles, etc.. I didn't hold a boom-mic to D'Antoni's face or anything. Take it or leave it I don't care.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If you guys don't want to believe me I'll stop posting.

I want to believe that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whooo boy - do we need Game 5 to begin and be won already or what?

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
BTW, I'm with ASUChirs on this one.

Hopefully the extra day rest was useful and DAntoni was able to pacify the Matrix.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
whooo boy - do we need Game 5 to begin and be won already or what?

It couldn't come soon enough.

I dont think I can handle the playoffs. I CANT STAND THIS!!! CMON SUNS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave