Daniel Oturu

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason I'm locked onto the big men in the draft probably because I'm not sure there will be a point guard I like available at #10 such as Tyrese Haliburton.

Daniel Oturu is sophomore center prospect from Minnesota who is 20.75 years old.

Oturu is 6'10" and weighs 240 pounds but is surprising athletic who blocks shots and rebounds. There is a lot to like.

Here is how the NBA Draft Room describes him in the link below.

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/daniel-oturu.html

Tankathon has Oturu going #33 and NBA Draft Room has him going 23. NBADraft.Net hast him going at #8.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some highlight video of Daniel Oturu.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure are some bigs coming out this year. How many shooters, players like Cam coming out?

I'm hoping the Suns are looking to fortify their front court unless a point guard falls.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oturu is very similar to Carey, IMO, age favors the latter, but otherwise they seem quite interchangeable so I'm suprised by how lower Oturu usually being rated.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oturu is very similar to Carey, IMO, age favors the latter, but otherwise they seem quite interchangeable so I'm suprised by how lower Oturu usually being rated.

This has been the shocker for me as well. I really hadn't studied the draft before doing the individual draft threads and I've been amazed at the talent projected to go outside the top 10 in regard to big men. It's made me think twice about trading the Suns pick.

Are you doing okay with the pandemic? I wish you, your family and countrymen the best.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much, yes, we are OK.

I wish you the same, guys, since the US seem to be catching up Italy and Spain, the most infected european countries.

Take care. Life returning to normal and basketball cannot return soon enough.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Oturu is an intriguing prospect. I think he would be a good addition. Plays with good intensity. Only question is if he's quick enough off his leap. But he'll mtl be late lottery pick unless he really impresses in the draft combine.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose