Daniel Jeremiahs New Draft Tonight Has the Cardinals Trading

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
Jeremiah is currently (Wed. 4/26 at 5:30 PM) doing his annual "live" mock draft the day before the draft . He has the Cardinals trading the 3rd pick in the draft to the Houston Texans for the number 12 pick in the 2023 draft plus a second and third round pick in 2023 and a 2024 third round pick. He has the Cardinals taking Paris Johnson Jr. at number twelve.

Last edited:

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jeremiah is currently (Wed. 4/26 at 5:30 PM) doing his annual "live" draft the day before the draft . He has the Cardinals trading the 3rd pick in the draft in the draft to the Houston Texans for the number 12 pick in the 2023 draft plus a second and third round pick in 2023 and a 2024 third round pick. He has the Cardinals taking Paris Johnson Jr. at number twelve.
No problem in trading the pick, but it does sound a little light to me. I would feel better about it with a second round pick in 24 instead of a third. I'll like everyone else will sit tight and get ready to complain about something tomorrow evening..:)

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Jeremiah is currently (Wed. 4/26 at 5:30 PM) doing his annual "live" draft the day before the draft . He has the Cardinals trading the 3rd pick in the draft in the draft to the Houston Texans for the number 12 pick in the 2023 draft plus a second and third round pick in 2023 and a 2024 third round pick. He has the Cardinals taking Paris Johnson Jr. at number twelve.
If we trade to 12 for only a 2nd, 3rd, and 3rd next year I will be so pissed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just getting a 2 and two 3s to move to 12? F you Jeremiah.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Jeremiah is currently (Wed. 4/26 at 5:30 PM) doing his annual "live" mock draft the day before the draft . He has the Cardinals trading the 3rd pick in the draft to the Houston Texans for the number 12 pick in the 2023 draft plus a second and third round pick in 2023 and a 2024 third round pick. He has the Cardinals taking Paris Johnson Jr. at number twelve.
That would be a terrible trade. Unfortunately, I think we need to brace ourselves for a terrible trade.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'd be fine with the trade but the comp is too light.

It's basically the exact same trade the Niners made to trade up for Trey Lance and that cost them 2 future 1st's and a future 3rd.

The draftniks always clown the Cardinals in a trade.

Stout

Reaction score
A 2nd, a 3rd, and a future 3rd to allow a team to trade up to #3 for an elite prospect, and we go all the way down to 12 which is just outside the range of the elite prospects. Nah. You want yo QB that bad, you pay. Otherwise eff you, we stay put at take an elite prospect our damn selves.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
We do really.

Firstly, Johnson can play Guard. So he could be a plug and play LG this year, and possibly next year if needed.

Hump will be 30 this year. He has no guarantees left and earns big money. If they want to move on from Hump it would save a big chunk of cap.
I think the compensation is not enough but I was thinking the same thing as you. Put him at LG for a couple years then slide him over to LT when Hump retires or moves on. Right now Paris is not ready to start at tackle and we need a LG so this is a perfect scenario.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we did that, I’d be unintentionally reenacting the scene from Ace Ventura when he finds out Einhorn was a man.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A 2nd, a 3rd, and a future 3rd to allow a team to trade up to #3 for an elite prospect, and we go all the way down to 12 which is just outside the range of the elite prospects. Nah. You want yo QB that bad, you pay. Otherwise eff you, we stay put at take an elite prospect our damn selves.
I understand that the above proposal would not be a good trade. But you said that we should expect the team to make a horrible trade, and I asked why we should expect that to happen?

Stout

Reaction score
I understand that the above proposal would not be a good trade. But you said that we should expect the team to make a horrible trade, and I asked why we should expect that to happen?
Because it appears Monti is desperate to trade back and get more picks, and teams can exploit that to force a bad trade. I hope that doesn't happen, but many here have the same read on the situation and the media is picking up on it too.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Because it appears Monti is desperate to trade back and get more picks, and teams can exploit that to force a bad trade. I hope that doesn't happen, but many here have the same read on the situation and the media is picking up on it too.
Possibly. But so far Monti dont blink.... otherwise Hop would have been traded for a 5th and a 6th weeks ago.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well if MANY here think that a bad trade will happen, that gives me hope. :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Possibly. But so far Monti dont blink.... otherwise Hop would have been traded for a 5th and a 6th weeks ago.
He's got a lot more time with the hop trade. draft is tonight. he's got to poop or get off the pot if he wants to trade down now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr