Danica Patrick Finish Thread

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.... after finishing 27th last year (her rookie season), Ms. Danica really put on the afterburners this season to finish...........

28th. Dead, smack in the middle of the pack, and less than last year. Not exactly setting the tracks on fire. It will be interesting to see how long GoDaddy keeps her around. Unless she starts picking it up, she will become even more of "just a novelty" than many people (and perhaps sponsors) consider her to be now.

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.... Danica finished a bit better this year (24th), with a whopping 2 top 10 finishes , no top 5, and no pole positions. The down side is that GoDaddy finally had their fill of the pretty but mediocre driver and parted ways with her (THAT was an easy prediction). I would be surprised to see her relationship with Nature's Bakery last very long unless there is some very significant improvement in he results. A pretty face and good bod isn't enough anymore.

As Richard Petty pointed out, "she can go fast, but she can't race."

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Annnnnnnnddddddd...... Danica finishes 24th again this year, only with no top 10 finishes.

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Danica said she didn't want to race if she couldn't be competitive, she has decided to retire.

Competitive? A-HEM!

In 5 years of NASCAR racing.....

0 wins
1 pole position
0 top 5 finishes
7 top 10 finishes (1.4 top 10 finishes per year)
Average annual finish 26th (bottom half of the field). (28th, 24th, 24th 28th, 27th).

Not exactly competitive, by my definition.

Unable to get or retain a sponsor at this point, she is calling it quits.

The end.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Since Danica said she didn't want to race if she couldn't be competitive, she has decided to retire.

Not exactly competitive, by my definition.

Right, hers either, apparently. So what's the problem?

Edit: Wow, the last three years of this thread have been a solo act of you bashing her. Truly bizarre.

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, hers either, apparently. So what's the problem?

Edit: Wow, the last three years of this thread have been a solo act of you bashing her. Truly bizarre.

I'm not bashing her as much as I am the media around her. A male driver with the same 5 year performance wouldn't have gotten 1/50th of the press that she did because of her gender. That's the beef. She is a mediocre driver and the press given her was hugely disproportionate to her performance.

And actually, I misquoted her.... She said she didn't want to stay if she couldn't REMAIN competitive..... the point being is that she never was....

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm not bashing her as much as I am the media around her.

Uh-huh. Do you think I can't read?

A male driver with the same 5 year performance wouldn't have gotten 1/50th of the press that she did because of her gender.

I'm sure that's true.

That's the beef. She is a mediocre driver and the press given her was hugely disproportionate to her performance.

So what?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
She didn't get all the press solely by virtue of being female. She got it because she was SMMMMMOKINNN'!!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like her even tho I too wished she was a better driver. Still she kicked the door wide open for women drivers. That's a good thing.

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh-huh. Do you think I can't read?

That appears questionable...... :shrug:

"She can go fast, but she can't race. I think she's come a long way, but she's still not a race car driver. And I don't think she's ever going to be a race car driver." Richard Petty

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She didn't get all the press solely by virtue of being female. She got it because she was SMMMMMOKINNN'!!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

...and that pretty much sums it up..... ;)

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like her even tho I too wished she was a better driver. Still she kicked the door wide open for women drivers. That's a good thing.

Janet Guthrie was the one who really "kicked in the door," but she didn't get the media because a) things were 10 times worse for a women driver in the late '70's and 2). she bore a striking resemblance to Hillary Clinton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Guthrie

Last edited:

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Janet Guthrie was the one who really "kicked in the door," but she didn't get the media because a) things were 10 times worse for a women driver in the late '70's and 2). she bore a striking resemblance to Hillary Clinton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Guthrie

Then she didn't kick it open. Lots of young girls want to be the next DP and better. I wish DP would have went back to Indy car she was better at that and IMO. Plus after a few years in NASCAR I think she would have been an even better Indy Car driver. She needed to get more aggressive. Wheel to wheel in Indy she would back off. After a few NASCAR seasons I don't think she would have anymore.

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the end is here. Finishing off her careeer, she ran "the big two" this year..... the Daytona 500 and the Indianapolis 500.
Annnnnnnnnnddddddd....... She crashed out of both.

Indy car wins in her career - 1

NASCAR wins in her career - 0

'Nuff said.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave