Dan Arnold to Carolina

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect replacement is Darren Fells, he was basically Arnold with less targets. Fells 28 targets 21-312-14.9yds per catch-4TDS. Arnold 45 targets 31-438-14.1-4TDS, and he's a better blocker
And older, and out of the league in a year or two. Another finger in the dyke replacement.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Eh that’s debatable. And even if I cede that point it’s for a year. Signing him in lieu of an ascending 26 year old is punting the issue a year and shortsighted.

and let’s not forget. We haven’t even actually signed Fells. Lol. So the comp right now . . . is no one. Empty Slot had a tremendous 2020. If he’s as good as Cap Room we are headed to the Super Bowl.

Arnold has had plenty of opportunities to show he deserves lots of snaps.

And what did he show? Total inconsistency. Paying 3 million for a TE who only catches and is also incredibly inconsistent isn't smart.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And what did he show? Total inconsistency. Paying 3 million for a TE who only catches and is also incredibly inconsistent isn't smart.

I didn't see that level of inconsistency u stated, was his first year as a starter with an offense that barely used tigh ends in the passing game
He racked up more then 400 yards and 4 tds
Then i remember him having just a bloody drop
He was better then any other receivers outside Hopkins, and by far the best tigh end we had in 10 years

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ha! Watch us sign a guy like Fells or James and the Cardinal brass will declare just how great they are. Just the type of player we’re looking for! Let’s not forget we let Fells walk away. Another great show of player evaluation by Keim.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn't see that level of inconsistency u stated, was his first year as a starter with an offense that barely used tigh ends in the passing game
He racked up more then 400 yards and 4 tds
Then i remember him having just a bloody drop
He was better then any other receivers outside Hopkins, and by far the best tigh end we had in 10 years
Exactly. Was he kelce or gronk? No. But he’s the best receiving TE prospect we’ve had in a long time. But it’s best we scrap the position altogether and start again with no cap space.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You guys are freaking out pretty heavy over 31 catches.
Sigh, I don’t know how many times we need to say it for the hyperbole to stop. Not freaking out. Just think it’s one in a long line of bad FA decisions. I’ll be interested to see what TE we trot out there that will have 31/435/14 per catch.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now we have in the roster 2 tigh ends

A blocker tigh end with limited athleticism and some injury concerns
And a guy i have never heard before
Ian Bunting

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fells can block too.

This is what concerns me about Keim. He shouldn't just be looking to add. He should be looking to replace.

Cut Maxx Williams and save $3m. Sign Darren Fells for vet min. You get $2m back and arguably a better TE.

Cut Kylie Fitts, sign Brennan Scarlett. You break even but you get a guy with more experience and more quality.

He seem's to spend all his time focusing on big name moves, like the media attention validates his job. What he should be doing is taking advantage of the depressed market to upgrade the roster overall, including the depth.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is what concerns me about Keim. He shouldn't just be looking to add. He should be looking to replace.

Cut Maxx Williams and save $3m. Sign Darren Fells for vet min. You get $2m back and arguably a better TE.

Cut Kylie Fitts, sign Brennan Scarlett. You break even but you get a guy with more experience and more quality.

He seem's to spend all his time focusing on big name moves, like the media attention validates his job. What he should be doing is taking advantage of the depressed market to upgrade the roster overall, including the depth.
Maxx Williams has more of a role on this team than a 34 year old Darren Fells, and we need more than one TE on the roster.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We likely get a tigh end in round 7
Hope can give same contribution of Arnold
Maxx Williams meanwhile must stay healthy
Or maybe we use an extra tackle for the role

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maxx Williams has more of a role on this team than a 34 year old Darren Fells, and we need more than one TE on the roster.

Sure we do.

We just don't need one costing $3.5m that we only use for blocking.

He's getting paid nearly twice what our starting RT is paid.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Arnold had the third best catch rate on the team in 2020 not counting RBs who you expect to have a high catch rate because of how they are used in the passing game. Hopkins caught 71% of total targets, Fitz lead team with 75% and Arnold was third with 69%, Kirk came in at 62%. The rest of the WRs and TEs didn't have enough targets to count them. Even if you threw Isabella in his rate was 60%.

Yeah, Arnold is never going to attain Gronk, Kelce, Kittle like status but he was a nice piece that could get the ball down field in a hurry. Many were ready to throw big money at Reddick over a half a good season yet Arnold has a nice breakout season and he's not worth $3 a year. I expect to see him with 50-60 catches and 600+ yards in Carolina this year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arnold had the third best catch rate on the team in 2020 not counting RBs who you expect to have a high catch rate because of how they are used in the passing game. Hopkins caught 71% of total targets, Fitz lead team with 75% and Arnold was third with 69%, Kirk came in at 62%. The rest of the WRs and TEs didn't have enough targets to count them. Even if you threw Isabella in his rate was 60%.

Yeah, Arnold is never going to attain Gronk, Kelce, Kittle like status but he was a nice piece that could get the ball down field in a hurry. Many were ready to throw big money at Reddick over a half a good season yet Arnold has a nice breakout season and he's not worth $3 a year. I expect to see him with 50-60 catches and 600+ yards in Carolina this year.
Whew boy, not surprised, but this is a all-time bad example.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Fells was never known for his blocking. This is revisionist history. He was a converted basketball player that was signed for his height and athleticism. Trying to capture some Gates-like magic.

He's not a great blocker...I'm saying this in relation to Arnold....who can't block at all.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Meh, enough. We are arguing over Dan Arnold and a Darren fells who isn’t even rumored to be on the Cardinals radar. This is the epitome of a silly offseason argument.

Fair enough.

FYI I won't be happy until some corners are signed. I think the current signings could be good. I think most of you are underestimating AJ Green. If he bounces back, and that really isn't a huge if, this team could be alot better.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fair enough.

FYI I won't be happy until some corners are signed. I think the current signings could be good. I think most of you are underestimating AJ Green. If he bounces back, and that really isn't a huge if, this team could be alot better.

Don't hold your breath on AJ. WR fall off a cliff. It's a testament to Fitz that his fade has been fairly gradual. I say that as someone who thinks he's played too long. He deserves the crowd sendoff and honestly I can't think of another reason he's still playing. But back to AJ, these WR don't normally fade away, they just die, and there's nothing leading me to believe AJ is different. The guy hasn't made impactful catches in YEARS.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath on AJ. WR fall off a cliff. It's a testament to Fitz that his fade has been fairly gradual. I say that as someone who thinks he's played too long. He deserves the crowd sendoff and honestly I can't think of another reason he's still playing. But back to AJ, these WR don't normally fade away, they just die, and there's nothing leading me to believe AJ is different. The guy hasn't made impactful catches in YEARS.

well aren’t you a ray of sunshine