Reaction score
So we lost our best weapon beside Hopkins

Maxx Williams
Guess they will resign Daniels, if Murray forgive him for the missed block
Draft pick?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
How many TEs have the Cardinals had since 89 that had at least 30 catches, 400 yards, and averaged 14 yards a catch?

it’s like everyone saying it’s easy to find a running back and they’ve forgotten the years in the desert where the cards couldn’t find a rb.

Ouchie is right, Arnold was the third leading receiver last year in yardage (438 yds.) and had the highest YPR (14.1) Tied for second in TD receptions (4). Like it or not he was a significant contributor to the offense.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Arnold but he's not worth 3m per. Especially in this market.

I really don’t get it. Too much money? It’s one thing if you have players in place.
The real reason we didn’t sign him? Because Keim paid Williams at the position. A tight end that has 23 catches...IN TWO YEARS. He’s earning 3.5m . Keim is the same guy that that paid Gresham a gazzilion dollars but 3m is to much for Arnold.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don’t get it. Too much money? It’s one thing if you have players in place.
The real reason we didn’t sign him? Because Keim paid Williams at the position. A tight end that has 23 catches...IN TWO YEARS. He’s earning 3.5m . Keim is the same guy that that paid Gresham a gazzilion dollars but 3m is to much for Arnold.
Right
Too much money u paying Phillips Kennard and hicks
Arnold 6mil in 2 year is good, I expect him having 800/1000 yards next year

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Jesse James, late of the Lions would be a decent backfill

same big target at 6-7, not quite the move skills Dan had, but a superior blocker

he was released, so wouldnt mess with the comp pick formula

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right
Don’t know about all this, but I wouldn’t be surprised at a 200 yard increase in production.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t know about all this, but I wouldn’t be surprised at a 200 yard increase in production.

fast, relative young, has the upside to be a vertical threat
Only year he played significant time was last year, and the Cardinals doesn't give much importance in the passing game to tigh ends
So yes I expect him double his numbers

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked him but he wasn't consistent. Had a couple of great games and a couple of killed us with dropped games. I liked his upside though

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They can get most of Williams money back by cutting him. What they should be doing really is say, here's a 2 year $1.5m deal, take it or we are cutting you. He'd have little choice.

But still 3m was too much for Arnold.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
fast, relative young, has the upside to be a vertical threat
Only year he played significant time was last year, and the Cardinals doesn't give much importance in the passing game to tigh ends
So yes I expect him double his numbers
Still has very inconsistent hands & he’s still not a good route runner.

He’ll be sharing touches with DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, & CMC. We don’t even know who the QB will be(cause he’s damn sure not getting that much with Teddy) so yea, I don’t think so.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't believe people are still bickering over Arnold. Below average tight end with decent hands, but not great hands. Pretty horrible blocker & a ton of stupid penalties at critical junctures. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed either. I was over this loss in about 15 seconds.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Darren Fells is a better player....even if he is 50.
Eh that’s debatable. And even if I cede that point it’s for a year. Signing him in lieu of an ascending 26 year old is punting the issue a year and shortsighted.

and let’s not forget. We haven’t even actually signed Fells. Lol. So the comp right now . . . is no one. Empty Slot had a tremendous 2020. If he’s as good as Cap Room we are headed to the Super Bowl.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can get most of Williams money back by cutting him. What they should be doing really is say, here's a 2 year $1.5m deal, take it or we are cutting you. He'd have little choice.

But still 3m was too much for Arnold.
But Williams is worth 3.5m??? For 23 catches in 2 years??? The inadequacies of Keim continue to be magnified by many of the asfn posters.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe people are still bickering over Arnold. Below average tight end with decent hands, but not great hands. Pretty horrible blocker & a ton of stupid penalties at critical junctures. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed either. I was over this loss in about 15 seconds.
So how do you view Max Williams? In two years he has 23 catches and is making 3.5m. Justified or another Keim failure. Arnold’s 3m is worth a whole lot more tha Williams 3.5.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right
I’ll disagree with you on that kind of production. I would take 600 yards from him if he were here. Is that worth 3m? I don’t know or care. I do know we really don’t have a te now. Oh we have Williams and his 2: catches over Two years. Average that out and we can count on 9 missed games, 12 catches for 120 yards....championship!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think we're bickering over the fact we don't have anyone to play multiple positions on this team right now, don't have any money unless we make a bunch of extensions and kick the can down the road on the cap yet again, and have no draft picks.

If we had a full complement of draft picks, I could shrug off this loss, knowing we have 7 fresh players coming in, at least 5 of which are likely to make the roster.

Right now we have 5 picks and I'd be hard pressed to guarantee any more than two of them will contribute in 2021.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we're bickering over the fact we don't have anyone to play multiple positions on this team right now, don't have any money unless we make a bunch of extensions and kick the can down the road on the cap yet again, and have no draft picks.

If we had a full complement of draft picks, I could shrug off this loss, knowing we have 7 fresh players coming in, at least 5 of which are likely to make the roster.

Right now we have 5 picks and I'd be hard pressed to guarantee any more than two of them will contribute in 2021.
Absolutely.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So how do you view Max Williams? In two years he has 23 catches and is making 3.5m. Justified or another Keim failure. Arnold’s 3m is worth a whole lot more tha Williams 3.5.
While I don’t think it’s a simple as catches comparison, due to maxx being a superior blocker in the run game. His lack of availability minimal impact in passing game makes arguments that Arnold is too expensive silly in comparison with his salary.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will miss him he made some nice long catches last season

Wish him and reddick best of luck next season

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I don’t think it’s a simple as catches comparison, due to maxx being a superior blocker in the run game. His lack of availability minimal impact in passing game makes arguments that Arnold is too expensive silly in comparison with his salary.
I get that. But a players biggest asset is his availability. His 23 catches in two years makes him highly overpaid and over valued. He can’t block by pushing a hospital bed on the field.