Daily check-in

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Interesting, but it doesn’t tell you much time you have. Assuming it’s until you have to stop?

It used to be (and probably still is), as many pushups as you can do in two minutes, as many sit ups as you can do in two minutes, then a two mile run.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, but it doesn’t tell you much time you have. Assuming it’s until you have to stop?

Two minutes for pushups and sit-ups each. You can only rest your pushup in a plank and you can only rest your sit-up at the top. We should get about 20 minutes between each movement. We'd go pushup, sit-up and then run.

My best ever score was 297 when I was 20. Couldn't max out those pushups.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Two minutes for pushups and sit-ups each. You can only rest your pushup in a plank and you can only rest your sit-up at the top. We should get about 20 minutes between each movement. We'd go pushup, sit-up and then run.

My best ever score was 297 when I was 20. Couldn't max out those pushups.
Up to 72 pushups. I think I’m under 2’, but I’ll time myself next time.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I'm kind of starting over. I'm 9 days post op from my bilateral open hernia surgery and this was the first time I did anything to elevate my heart rate.

1 mile walk with the 20lbs vest
250 air squats to a chair at parallel (no vest)
250 modified pushups (no vest)

I'm feeling pretty good and loving the noodle leg feeling! Considering I couldn't walk last Sunday and needed a cane for a few days, I'd say I'm happy with this!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Weighed in at 165 this morning. I think it's the lightest I've been since returning from working the fish processing plants in Alaska in 1994 at 19.

I signed up for a 100k (62 mile) race in February, so I've been trying to drop weight like crazy and spend copious amounts of time running in easy zone 2.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weighed in at 165 this morning. I think it's the lightest I've been since returning from working the fish processing plants in Alaska in 1994 at 19.

I signed up for a 100k (62 mile) race in February, so I've been trying to drop weight like crazy and spend copious amounts of time running in easy zone 2.

Awesome! Congrats!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a minute since I posted in here. Since I got his by the COVID, I've been training pissed off and it's working! Currently in the middle of a fat cut aftet a pretty long bulk and strength building cycle. I'm down 6lbs of only fat! I got a nice body scanner scale to track this closely.

Today is active recovery with Bench and GHD Sit-ups, but a like 45 minutes bike session trainer.

GHD sit-up
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
It's been a minute since I posted in here. Since I got his by the COVID, I've been training pissed off and it's working! Currently in the middle of a fat cut aftet a pretty long bulk and strength building cycle. I'm down 6lbs of only fat! I got a nice body scanner scale to track this closely.

Today is active recovery with Bench and GHD Sit-ups, but a like 45 minutes bike session trainer.

GHD sit-up

Nice! What scale did you get? I've had a Lumsing for several years, but it's dying and stopped tracking body fat %. I'm probably gonna buy a Garmin, since I'm upgrading to a Fenix 7 soon and I'd like them to sync seamlessly.

Boy I'd like to have one of those GHD machines...looks pretty intense.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! What scale did you get? I've had a Lumsing for several years, but it's dying and stopped tracking body fat %. I'm probably gonna buy a Garmin, since I'm upgrading to a Fenix 7 soon and I'd like them to sync seamlessly.

Boy I'd like to have one of those GHD machines...looks pretty intense.
I have this one!

Withings Body+ - Digital Wi-Fi Smart Scale -

I also got a cheap GHD on Amazon for $150. The call it a Roman Chair. I like to use a 20lbs medball when I do it.

You must be registered for see images attach

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feeling amazing today! The weather is helping, but the session definitely felt like pre-covid!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that beard is juicing! The ZZ Top boys would be envious. ;)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I got super lazy once they shut down my gym during the pandemic, used it as an excuse not to do anything.

Moved to FL right around Christmas time and decided once I got settled I would work back at getting in shape. I joined a gym end of March and now go 5 days a week--3 days of weight training & 2 days of hot yoga (yoga is brand new to me). I'd like to get my weight down to under 190 (I am am like 202 right now--6' tall) but more importantly I'd like to just get back in to decent shape--maybe turning 50 this year is an extra motivation or a wake up call. I got down to the 185 range a few years ago when I was really working on it--unfortunately I fell off the wagon fitness-wise.

I am watching what I eat but not counting calories, eating lots of protein, staying away from sugars as best I can and not overeating. I don't expect it to be a quick journey, I just have to keep at it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardsunsfan