D-Rose is Now the Best PG in the NBA

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was a top 5 player when last season ended and after last night, he showed he is now the best PG in the league passing CP3 in CP3's house.

Rose - 29 points on 8-14 shooting and 3-4 from 3 point range, 16 assists, 8 rebounds, 1 steal, a +16 and 4 TO's in 42 minutes.

CP3 - 15 points on 7-14 shooting, 14 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals, a -13 and 3 TO's in 44 minutes.

And Rose led Chicago to a 13 point win.

Ranking
1. D-Rose
2. CP3
3. D-Williams
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Nash/Rondo (Toss Up)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One game does not have that much sway (no matter how impressive).

If he ends the season thoroughly outplaying the PG field in points, assists and steals, then by all means hand him that crown.

Not that I don't think he might be, but just that the one game isn't enough supporting material to make that big of a claim.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, how in the hell can you put Westbrook above Rondo OR Nash?? Hes a PGINO...dude doesn't dish dimes. He's a short shooting guard.

I'd put Rondo at 4 on your list and old daddy Nash can have 5 all by his onesies.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, how in the hell can you put Westbrook above Rondo OR Nash?? Hes a PGINO...dude doesn't dish dimes. He's a short shooting guard.

I'd put Rondo at 4 on your list and old daddy Nash can have 5 all by his onesies.

Over 8 assists a game last reason, plus 22 point a game. He's got a more all around game than Rondo IMO.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One game does not have that much sway (no matter how impressive).

If he ends the season thoroughly outplaying the PG field in points, assists and steals, then by all means hand him that crown.

Not that I don't think he might be, but just that the one game isn't enough supporting material to make that big of a claim.

He carries his team last year and has shown this year, so far, that he can is going to be a more true PG.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over 8 assists a game last reason, plus 22 point a game. He's got a more all around game than Rondo IMO.

Are you talking about Westbrook again? Rondo had more than 11 assists a game last year, and nearly 10 dimes a game the year prior. Fewer TOs too.

Rondo is a FAR better true PG.

Westbrook shot them out of the playoffs. He's a shoot first point guard...who plays with the best player to hit the league since Kobe Bryant (hear that LBJ??) in Kevin Durant. He's fast and has a good shot. Poor court vision though.

Rondo has a terrible shot, yet still can score...he's got incredible court vision.

If you want to talk about guards and lump Westbrook in there, then yeah, he's better than rondo because he's a scoring guard. But when you talk about PGs, there's no question Rondo is better at that position than Russell.

Dallas doesn't beat them in the WCF last year if you switch Russell for Rondo, and of that I have zero doubt. And I bet you would say the same.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He carries his team last year and has shown this year, so far, that he can is going to be a more true PG.

That's fine, but like I said, you can't say that yet based off of one game where Paul played ok and he played lights out. Saying someone is the best in the NBA needs more than 4 or 5 games in a young season. Again, I don't think you are necessarily wrong, just that you are jumping the gun a little bit. Rose is a hell of a player, and might be the best PG in the league, but he doesn't get that crown yet.