Creed III

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw a preview for this when we went to see Devotion - also with Jonathan Majors. Looks good. Gives me a lot of hope for upcoming Marvel films also since Majors is going to be the next big baddie Kang the Conqueror.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is getting rave reviews and I’m excited to see Jordan step out of Rocky’s shadow and give Creed a story where he gets to stand on his own two legs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These movies are ridiculous I can’t even begin to take them serious. I seen the first one and haven’t been back since.

The boxing training is pure comedy at this point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rock solid. B+/A-. The movie's superpower is Jonathan Majors. Interesting enough, the first 2/3s of the movie really felt more like Dame's story than Creed's. And Jordan's direction was really strong. Even took a big swing with a directorial choice in one of the boxing matches that I really admired conceptually, even though I thought the execution was maybe just slightly off.

Overall, MUCH MUCH better than Creed 2. Not as great as Creed 1, but a really good entry and possible capper in the series... which judging from box office, probably won't be the capper at all.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Rock solid. B+/A-. The movie's superpower is Jonathan Majors. Interesting enough, the first 2/3s of the movie really felt more like Dame's story than Creed's. And Jordan's direction was really strong. Even took a big swing with a directorial choice in one of the boxing matches that I really admired conceptually, even though I thought the execution was maybe just slightly off.

Overall, MUCH MUCH better than Creed 2. Not as great as Creed 1, but a really good entry and possible capper in the series... which judging from box office, probably won't be the capper at all.
Thanks, I was going to ask how it compared to the first two. Your takes on them matched mine.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Based on your review I might see this now. Creed 2 wasn't that great. I also have mixed feelings about what you said of breaking out of Rocky's shadow. I get it but at the same time, it can never break free of Rocky's shadow and I am not convinced it should either. My main reason for seeing this is Jonathan Majors after seeing the last Antman. That dude has some serious chops.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on your review I might see this now. Creed 2 wasn't that great. I also have mixed feelings about what you said of breaking out of Rocky's shadow. I get it but at the same time, it can never break free of Rocky's shadow and I am not convinced it should either. My main reason for seeing this is Jonathan Majors after seeing the last Antman. That dude has some serious chops.
then you'll probably enjoy it at the very least. he owns this movie. really knocks it out of the park.