Crabtree signed

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by wembley88, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

400 receptions is 17 more than Patrick Mahomes threw for last year. 800 pass attempts is 125 more than Ben Roethlisberger, who threw more passes than anyone in football.

Whatever the "plans" are, the numbers don't work out.

2. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

While we're on this "50 receptions" number, let's go back and look at last year too. Only 74 players caught 50 balls or more. Are we really saying that our team alone is going to account for nearly 10% of the production of 50+ pass catchers?

3. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

But......but....but.....

Transcendence......
    Generational.......
    No oline needed......
    Playoffs.... Playoffs...... Playoffs.....

Solar7 likes this.
  4. cardpa

cardpa I'm all right

Absolutely ridiculous to make a statement like that. In 2012 the NE Patriots ran an NFL record 74 plays per game. The Saints ran 71 per game in 2011. Last year the Ravens top the list at 70 plays per game. Kingsbury is somehow going to run 20 more plays per game than the top team last season and 16 more plays per game than the top number ever in the NFL? The Patriots TOP was 30:55 per game. They ran a play every 25 seconds. At 90 plays per game and using the same TOP this means KK would have to run a play every 20 seconds or 5 seconds faster. I don't believe it.

daves and slanidrac16 like this.
  5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I don't know, if the starting defense looks like they did last Thursday, he might be right on. Easy to get in a lot of offensive plays when the opposing team only needs 1-2 downs to score.

6. Proximo

Proximo Registered

Well, yes, but if our starting O performs like it did, there will be a lot of 3 and outs also. Let's just hope that last game was a fluke and not a coming attraction for the season.

7. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

It is ridiculous... But thats the shinola being shoveled... If they even get close we should be expecting the moon and stars on offense.
    More likely k2 is going to find out what his foot tastes like

8. Hoodhero

Hoodhero Registered

K2 never said that offense will be running 90 plays a game. That was David Johnson & his usual hyperbole reasons for 1000 - 1000 season. Gambo was also in breaking news mode that he heard it from some players that helped extend narrative.

Kingsbury said the Cardinals aren't going to play as fast as they can every play. The intention, he said, is to find a pace that'll be comfortable for Murray, one that gives him a chance to see and evaluate the defense.

"I want him to be able to work in a good rhythm," Kingsbury said.

daves, Cardiac and CardNots like this.
  9. cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd Registered

If our D plays like they have been our offense will have way more opportunities than the offenses you listed. Oakland didn’t need to run more than a handful of plays to score and then K1 was right back out there.

10. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

Solar 7, I've had the opportunity to witness an "Air Raid" offense as a fan when the creator brought it to division 1 college football. Hal Mumme brought it to the University of Kentucky in 1997, all his assistants passed it down. Mike Leach was the OC under Mumme at Kentucky, although Mumme called the plays. Mike Leach had a QB at Texas Tech by the name of Kliff Kingsbury, sound familiar lol? Anyways, players with speed, no matter where they are on the depth chart, this offense finds a way to get them on the field. Deception on go routes, reverses, fake reverses, trick plays you name it, I've seen it, been a Kentucky season ticket holder for many many yrs now. This offense requires depth at WR, I'm surprised we aren't keeping 8 WR's because of the many routes they have to constantly run? You need fresh young legs & bodies. It gets players in space, so one with speed will pay huge dividends. Trust me, Isabella wasn't a wasted pick, as long as he doesn't get injured, he will play many snaps each game. Every WR we keep will play as long as they're not injured. KK has took this offense & evolved it from how Hal Mumme used it. Go back & watch some Texas Tech tape, this man can call plays, he knows how to get players in space. It's what he lives for. Why he doesn't sleep & is in the office designing plays before the sun rises each day. He will figure out how to use it in the NFL, I have no doubts. I'm worried about the defense, not one bit about the offense. This yr, we compete & make it exciting to watch giving us hope for the future, next season we get our 100 million in dead cap money back to spend on building this team. If next season SK doesn't fix both the OL & DL with all that cap room, then he should be fired.
    Hope this helps ease a few of your concerns?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    daves likes this.
  11. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC Drive-by Poster

I'm excited to see how he puts his own spin on the air raid in the NFL. The offense doesn't concern me, I think it's going to be a hybrid air raid, coach is smart enough offensively to make adjustments. That's all we can ask for is to have a coach who isn't so stubborn to change.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  12. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

Spot on. He will adjust. I just created a thread from an article I found, telling about how KK uses analytics about the percentages on whether a play is effective or not. He gathers info from our analytics team now that we have one. He will adapt & evolve. Go check out the article in the thread, long read but a good one.

13. Dayman

Dayman Registered

Kirk was on pace for 800 yards in a putrid offense in his rookie season before he was injured. For reference, that would have been more yards than Crabtree had in 6 of his 10 seasons. I'm certainly glad Kirk got that experience instead of sitting behind an older vet in noticeable decline.

Rookie WRs in general are taking less time to adapt, too. Juju put up over 900 yards 2 years ago in his rookie season. DJ Moore had 800 yards last year as a rookie. Isabella and Johnson may not have reached that level before Crabtree was signed, but I think they can learn a lot being on the field a bunch during a year when there is little chance we will be legitimately competitive.

14. Ronin

Ronin Registered

Per reports he will wear #15

15. juza76

juza76 Registered

And the long necklace too I guess