Crabtree signed

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by wembley88, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Arz101

Arz101 Registered

OH Mike!

2. Harry

Harry ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer

I like the signing. He’ll drop a few but he’ll catch plenty. He’s also a great decoy. Sure I’d have rather have had a solid OT or DT but they are in short supply. Only a trade at this point will get one. For the choices available on the street I think he was the best option.

daves, SeattleCard and Cardiac like this.
  3. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

Crabs is itching to help take some of the pressure of Fitz?

4. RON_IN_OC

RON_IN_OC https://www.ronevansrealty.com

If your Crabs are itching, you may want to see your doctor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

Your crabs dont itch?

6. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Something very telling to me and what I expected, Kingsberry did not mention Isabella or Butler (being put on IR with a convenient injury to stash his athletic ability so he can develop in hopes of eventually being able to contribute) when talking about our WRs and still think we spent a 2nd round pick way too early for a small school WR who appears to be just a vertical threat and not a complete WR who can be a every down WR currently... said early on Johnson was the best WR we drafted because he can run routes and catch, just like Sherfield have proven to be dependable in a Jaron Brown sort of way

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    MrYeahbut likes this.
  7. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Issabella will have a roll on this team. As far as Crabtree when I think of him I see a bit of a edge and feistiness. I think that’s good.

daves and Lagerfilled like this.
  8. splitsecond

splitsecond Registered

I think Sherfield has much better hands and runs routes better than Jaron. He is going to be good. Honestly he and Fitz and Crabtree should all be really good possession receivers in this system.

CardNots likes this.
  9. DVontel

DVontel Registered

I’m with you there, though I think Jaron was better in contested situations.

I wouldn’t be mad at Kirk/KeeSean/Sherfield trio in the future. If Andy pans out, it’ll be that much sweeter.

10. Jetstream Green

I still think we need that tall explosive legit number one type, which maybe Butler can become... though I know this offensive system does not really rely on that traditional approach

11. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

Your reference to our having a HOF receiver on our roster is a little bit of a stretch. (Fitz still seems ageless, but honestly, he's playing the back-nine of his career and he won't be around forever).

Additional word of caution: Just when you think WR is your deepest position is when a rash of injuries turns your strongest roster spot into a steaming pile of manure. Agree or not - a prevailing theory is that you're better off drafting a higher-rated WR than you are loading up on a so-so DL, OL or corner, regardless of need.

12. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

My opinion obviously, but I think Isabella is gonna shine in this offense & has more than just speed, seems to have really good hands also. JJ Nelson dropped alot of balls at big points in games I thought. KJ is an excellent route runner & that will keep him on the field, seems to catch everything, so far anyways. Isabella getting hurt & missing the game against the Chargers set him back a little, first game he plays, scores on a long TD where he concentrated on making the catch. So far KJ hasn't scored so as we move forward in these last few games, Isabella may play more than KJ? Time will tell. Nothing wrong with bringing in a veteran (MC) that already knows this offense, he can be another coach on the field to help the young WR's out.

daves likes this.
  13. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I understand your point solar 7. MC knows this offense & can help the young WR's. Isabella has talent, lightning speed & great hands. He was behind after missing the game against the Chargers with the injury. Scored on the long TD, showing great concentration on the ball. We need a guy that can take the top off the defense with great hands. Isabella will do alot for this offense with his speed, watch all the ways KK uses him with motion, just to get the defenses confused. Color me excited.

daves likes this.
  14. THESMEL

THESMEL Registered

He has skills and abiiity - good sign

15. Jetstream Green

I think Isabella had a good sense of tracking the ball and catching it over his shoulder which is why he has been able to showcase his vertical threat ability but coming in he was a body catcher and heard through camp he is still trying to improve on that when running other routes... we do not not need balls popping up and turning into turnovers on slants routes because he does not use his hands properly

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.