CP15

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
If CP15 plays at or near this level when CP3 returns I can't see any team winning more than two games vs the Suns.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This TEAM commits very few turnovers. How has Monty accomplished that? That is coaching. I assume he has coached the players to move without the ball so that it is easier to get good passes. But wow.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s the perfect backup. You hope he takes a discount but nobody could blame him for cashing up. Hope it’s not a Lakers/Nuggets MLE situation.

It's my understanding the Suns can offer the MLE as well.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This TEAM commits very few turnovers. How has Monty accomplished that? That is coaching. I assume he has coached the players to move without the ball so that it is easier to get good passes. But wow.

Isn't it crazy that when a coach actually teaches fundamentals and players demand accountability from each other the unforced errors and mental mistakes go way way down??

Are you listening Kliff.....Kyler??? Most penalized team in the league = lack of mental toughness and a waste of talent

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think he has them playing smarter rather than faster. Almost every other coach talks about speeding things up, fast breaks, and running nowadays but the Suns have earned their spot by running when it makes sense, exploiting weaknesses, and playing to their own strengths. You don't hear nearly as much about the .5 offense anymore because its almost non existent. Let Paul orchestrate our offense and when he's not out there, continue playing like he is as far as making the extra pass, cut, or screen to find the best shot possible.

Monty deserves a lot of credit for keeping our guys composed and to buy in because we're going against the norm right now as far as pace goes. We're not trying to run anyone off the court until a very deliberate strike towards the middle of the 3rd to the beginning of the 4th when it seems like Monty makes a lot of substitutions to have fresh legs out there to try and extend leads and step on other teams spirits so we can just sort of coast through the 4th. Coast isn't the right word but it's close to what they do when they bleed the clock and try to deflate the others teams chances of coming back by dictating the pace and refusing to allow it the game to turn into a shootout.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Do the Hawks have anyone that can really D up Booker? I'm just not that familiar with them.

If we have to get in a shootout....at least Book has been lethal in his own right.

Can crafty old Chris Paul throw just enough at Young to get in his head?? If they try to put Trae on CP3 defensively. .I think Paul is able to work him really hard and hopefully slow him down as the game wears on. I keep forgetting CP3 dropped 37 last week...basically shredding the nugs with the same play 12 times in a row.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do the Hawks have anyone that can really D up Booker? I'm just not that familiar with them.

If we have to get in a shootout....at least Book has been lethal in his own right.

Can crafty old Chris Paul throw just enough at Young to get in his head?? If they try to put Trae on CP3 defensively. .I think Paul is able to work him really hard and hopefully slow him down as the game wears on. I keep forgetting CP3 dropped 37 last week...basically shredding the nugs with the same play 12 times in a row.

Atlanta starts
PG - Young
SG - Heuter
SF - Bogdanovich
PF - Collins
C - Capella
With Lou Williams and Danillo Gallinari as their key reserves.

Heuter and Bogdonovich are decent defenders, not good, but ok. They're long and their length could bother Booker some but I see that as a matchup in our favor.

They have a lot of size, with Collins at 6'10 or 6'11 and Capella a 7 footer. Ayton will have his hands full with Capella so Crowder will need to bang with Collins, who can play anywhere on the court, inside or out. Being able to sub in Gallo for either of their bigs keeps them big since he's 6'10, although not nearly the interior presence of Collins or Capella.

It would be a difficult matchup since they're built similar to the Suns only larger and better shooters. We've got much better defenders and almost equal to them in shooting prowess but I'd give them the edge overall offensively and Capella is one of the best rim protectors in the league. Other than him though their defense doesn't worry me, we have a huge advantage there. Its their ability to light up the scoreboard that does.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The way Cam Payne has stepped up I have a feeling he has earned a few more mins per game. We may even see more CP3/Payne together.

Etwan had a shot but it seemed like he was just trying to get assists, dunno if Monte told him to play like that but it didnt really work.

Jevon seems to be in the doghouse? Is he still on this team?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Jevon is a hard worker and Monty loves him. Payne probably gone next year, Jevon will get his minutes.
I don’t see that if god forbid, Payne was gone. Payne can distribute. Carter is mainly a small two guard. We’d need some who can distribute as backup PG.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't it crazy that when a coach actually teaches fundamentals and players demand accountability from each other the unforced errors and mental mistakes go way way down??

Are you listening Kliff.....Kyler??? Most penalized team in the league = lack of mental toughness and a waste of talent

well both those guys just finished up there 2nd year in the NFL and on the other end you have Monty and Paul who have been around forever and themselves didn’t get along early in Paul’s career

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm. To qualify for early bird, the player has to have played two seasons with the same team. So a portion of a season counts as a season?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's possible given the way he's played. However, I think the higher probability is they won't given the sample size.

This is what I'm hoping. It would be a huge letdown to lose Cam Payne. The Suns system seems like a perfect fit.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Carter a two guard what a joke. I'm sure Paul has helped him immensely. Look at his Per in college for assists. Just because he was not asked to do it doesn't mean he can't.

Jevon Carter College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com
This comment sounds like you haven’t watched Carter since he joined the nba. His dribbling is the epitome of all hat no cattle. He goes nowhere. He’s become an undersized defensive shooting guard in his play.

Superbone

Reaction score

Superbone

Reaction score
This comment sounds like you haven’t watched Carter since he joined the nba. His dribbling is the epitome of all hat no cattle. He goes nowhere. He’s become an undersized defensive shooting guard in his play.
Thank you.