Coyotes off season news thread. 2020

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He hasn't been the same since his eye injury.

When he's able to skate he's still deadly but I'm curious if he is still having lingering problems.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This means the coach won't be around when the Yotes are competitive again. imo
Looks like you are getting your wish.

I didn't want a 5-year rebuild, though. I think our roster as-is was a Stanley Cup contender but for having a horrid coach. Looks like the players are being jettisoned while the awful coach remains. Not at all my wish.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't want a 5-year rebuild, though. I think our roster as-is was a Stanley Cup contender but for having a horrid coach. Looks like the players are being jettisoned while the awful coach remains. Not at all my wish.
Coach won't be here long.
We are team with bad contracts (Keller, schmaltz, Kessel, etc).
This is what happens when your team is in salary cap hell.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you joking?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our team was a solid C build team except for goaltending, which is an A. To think that we have a Stanley Cup team is laughable.

Had it not been for the extremely rare circumstances brought about by COVID-19, the Yotes were destined to watch the playoffs from their living rooms this year.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Had it not been for the extremely rare circumstances brought about by COVID-19, the Yotes were destined to watch the playoffs from their living rooms this year.

And yet, into December, they had the second best record in the entire NHL. Thanks to Tocchet, they then fell off a cliff...

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet, into December, they had the second best record in the entire NHL. Thanks to Tocchet, they then fell off a cliff...

When you put it that way, I guess replacing the coach we had Oct-Dec was a terrible idea. o_O