Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackhawks light up lamp, Coyotes

March 11, 2007
By The Associated Press

Jeff Hamilton had his second career hat trick and added two assists to lead the Blackhawks to a 7-5 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday night.

Patrick Sharp scored twice and Rene Bourque had three assists to help Chicago win its third straight. Nikolai Khabibulin stopped 32 shots to pick up the win, and Tuomo Ruutu and Mikael Holmqvist also scored for the Blackhawks.

Bill Thomas, Mike Zigomanis and Jeff Taffe had goals for Phoenix, which lost its fifth straight and has recorded only two wins in its last 12 games (2-9-1).

Mikael Tellqvist gave up five goals on 17 shots in the first period, and Curtis Joseph stopped 12 of 14 shots he faced over the final 40 minutes for the Coyotes.

---------------------------------------------------

Terrible loss, but a fun game. First time my wife and I had been to the arena. Great seats, high-scoring hockey game with many fights and a few nasty injuries.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real disappointing loss tonight. Ever since the team brought the kids up they had been playing with fire against some quality teams, only to lose pretty handily against a very poor team in the Blackhawks. As it stands right now, the Coyotes will have the 3rd pick in the draft, so with a solid pick and a smart offseason to go along with their slowly growing stockpile of young talent, they could right the ship pretty quickly.

Glad to hear you and Mrs. BIM had fun at the arena tonight though :thumbup:

trueherotillman

Registered
Reaction score
even those we got easily outplayed, that was one of the most exciting games ive been too that wasnt a close game. and then i learned that Koci was playing his first NHL game. he looked like a seasoned vet going against Gratton, although Gratton laid the wood to him a few times.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry. I had to root for the Blackhawks this game since growing up they were my first love of any sport. I had a blast and have never seen so many fights in one game.

Attachments

• chrisnkerry1.jpg
    chrisnkerry1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 45
  • P1000126-11.jpg
    P1000126-11.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 43

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member