Cowboys DE Randy Gregory suspended indefinitely

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SHOCKER!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...wboys-de-randy-gregory-suspended-indefinitely

Randy Gregory has been suspended again.

The embattled Dallas Cowboys defensive end was suspended indefinitely Tuesday for violating the league's substance abuse policy and the terms of his conditional reinstatement.

This is Gregory's fourth suspension since being selected by Dallas in the second round of the 2015 NFL Draft.

In four years in the league, Gregory has been suspended for more games (30) than he's played (28).

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very sad. Football is likely done for him but hopefully he can figure out his life before he loses it.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Feel bad for Gregory the person. Hope he can pull through

Also, could not have happened to a better organization than Cowboys!

You must be registered for see images attach

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Feel bad for him? :biglaugh:
I find it difficult to feel bad for someone who had the world on a string and cut that string on their own accord. Mostly because in my profession, if I fail a piss test, I'm out of a job and my pension is kaput and I don't make as nearly as much money as Gregory did. It's because I have so much riding on my job is why I don't even have a drink when I go out to dinner. In other words, I act like a grown up with grown up responsibilities and I put foolish wants on the back burner. I also rarely drink at home because there may come a time that I might have to drive. This guy had a chance and he decided because of childish wants to throw it all away. I have zero sympathy for him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it difficult to feel bad for someone who had the world on a string and cut that string on their own accord. Mostly because in my profession, if I fail a piss test, I'm out of a job and my pension is kaput and I don't make as nearly as much money as Gregory did. It's because I have so much riding on my job is why I don't even have a drink when I go out to dinner. In other words, I act like a grown up with grown up responsibilities and I put foolish wants on the back burner. I also rarely drink at home because there may come a time that I might have to drive. This guy had a chance and he decided because of childish wants to throw it all away. I have zero sympathy for him.

Chance after chance after chance

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do I feel bad for him? Not really...

Is it stupid that NFL players can swallow handfulls of painkillers but not smoke weed? Probably...
Until the law changes, one is legal and obtained by a doctors prescription while the other is not in most states and federally. However, IIRC this is in the CBA as well so this was negotiated and agreed upon by both players and owners. But the real issue is that you can be banned for life or at least a significant amount of time for pissing hot but committing felonies like assault or DV's not so much.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The part I do not understand is the time line. Gregory failed test same time period as Josh Gordon. Gordon goes down with 6 weeks left in season. Gregory goes down 6 weeks after season ends and played entire season.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The part I do not understand is the time line. Gregory failed test same time period as Josh Gordon. Gordon goes down 6 weeks ago. Gregory goes down 6 weeks after season ends and played entire season.

#cowboysequalsratings

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The part I do not understand is the time line. Gregory failed test same time period as Josh Gordon. Gordon goes down with 6 weeks left in season. Gregory goes down 6 weeks after season ends and played entire season.

I’m guessing Gordon’s would’ve taken that long too... but remember Gordan left voluntarily and there was speculation that he may have failed another test…

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Seems Cowboy DLINEMAN David Irving is in trouble for substance abuse also.PF rumors.Boy those Cowboys like their drugs.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Until the law changes, one is legal and obtained by a doctors prescription while the other is not in most states and federally. However, IIRC this is in the CBA as well so this was negotiated and agreed upon by both players and owners. But the real issue is that you can be banned for life or at least a significant amount of time for pissing hot but committing felonies like assault or DV's not so much.

Yes I realize the rules allow a player to fill his body with pharmaceutical grade narcotics but not use something like herbal CBD oil.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I realize the rules allow a player to fill his body with pharmaceutical grade narcotics but not use something like herbal CBD oil.

CBD has no THC IIR??? So why can’t they use it?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, one is legal, the other is not. Peyote is natural as well but to possess it is illegal. Listen, you're preaching to the choir when it comes to weed. I may be a conservative but I'm pretty socially liberal and have a lot of libertarian ideals and legalizing weed is one of them. But, as of right now, it's illegal in most states and it's illegal federally as well as it's against the policy of the league. Until all of that changes, the players are bound by this.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Jerry has been pretty open to risk taking on character issues

there is a down side to it......