Cowboys Bounce on a Draw

lorenzotexan

Reaction score
Lol. Cowboy fans thinking the NFL would fix anything against their team.

Where's that crack pipe?
that's a great point. Crack pipe is one way to put it lol. the irony is that some fans are mentally capped with their emotions and they are the same ones that think that the refs are handicapped. refs are out there just trying their best to do their jobs and I think that crew did the best they could to get calls right for all of that game. if you go to dallas/ft worth or deep into (non houston) Texas in particular, there are many cowboys fans that do not realize that there are other teams in the NFL (tongue in cheek). that's how deep the kool aid flows. but with that said, now there are so many NFL teams that have had a lot of success. I don't know that it is that much different in other places with the homer effect (especially with refs conspiracies). the cowboys just have such a loyal backing, I really don't think you can call cowboys fans front runners anymore. they literally have had less playoff success than Jacksonville in the last 25 years. If anyone should wear clown suits to a game, its cowboys fans.

lorenzotexan

Reaction score
Also note if yuo look at the replay, Amari Cooper is lined up offsides because the ref moves the ball back and when the C gets it he pushes it back forwards. Lamb is borderline offsides but Cooper is it appears pretty clearly offsides if the ball is where the ref spotted it. So that last play would have been a penalty anyways
so the play would not have counted anyways. there were so many pre snap penalties by both teams all game. I attribute it to the ridiculous size of that poorly positioned (and located), enclosed, TV capsule of a stadium that allows for 20K away fans to attend just about every game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so the play would not have counted anyways. there were so many pre snap penalties by both teams all game. I attribute it to the ridiculous size of that poorly positioned (and located), enclosed, TV capsule of a stadium that allows for 20K away fans to attend just about every game.
I have thought from day 1 the design of the stadium was stupid. And I got to tour it before it opened. I immediately thought "Wow. Isn't that jumbotron too low? Kicks will hit it." Plus, east west is a no no for a football field.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also note if yuo look at the replay, Amari Cooper is lined up offsides because the ref moves the ball back and when the C gets it he pushes it back forwards. Lamb is borderline offsides but Cooper is it appears pretty clearly offsides if the ball is where the ref spotted it. So that last play would have been a penalty anyways
That penalty is almost never called. I see it happen on 5% (my number) of plays and it almost never gets called.

lorenzotexan

Reaction score
I have thought from day 1 the design of the stadium was stupid. And I got to tour it before it opened. I immediately thought "Wow. Isn't that jumbotron too low? Kicks will hit it." Plus, east west is a no no for a football field.
I have to admit that I was floored by that stadium the first time I went to a game over 10 years ago. but I watched the TV the entire game because it's easier to follow that than follow the field. it doesn't feel like a real stadium. its also too big so the acoustics are just weird. I actually feel the same about Wembley...it's just too big to have an intimate/festive environment. It's almost like loving a house when you first see it, but then you move in and you notice all of the flaws and wish you could go back, especially when you look at some of the other new stadiums around the league.

the sun blinding your own players is ridiculous. the sun cost them a score before the first half ended. that's on Jerry because he could fix that and he opts out of it because of his ego. the opposing fans are terrible. DFW now more than ever have people that moved there from all over the country and every game has at least 10-20K road fans which is unbelievable and it does not help create a home field advantage, but it lines jerry's pockets. at the end of the day Jerry for me is the one to blame for the cowboys problems since his relationship ended with Jimmy. his ego and entitlement trickles down to the coaches and players and is in turn why the cowboys are mediocre since Jimmy left. my only hope as a cowboys fan is that Jerry or Steven Jones will bring in someone like Troy Aikman to be a GM. someone who will stand up to him and tell him the truth, not tell him what he wants to hear.

Last edited:

lorenzotexan

Reaction score
That penalty is almost never called. I see it happen on 5% (my number) of plays and it almost never gets called.
I'm not saying the refs are innocent because they made mistakes and I still think overall the NFL refs are making the game hard to watch, even when my team isn't playing. the rule that bothers me the most is PI and also roughing the QB. a few years ago I didn't know what a catch was, now I don't know what PI or roughing is anymore. did anyone see Derek Carr draw a hit to the head in the Cincinnati game? he should get fined for that because it is basically making a joke out of safety. there's PI on almost every pass play by both sides and the refs just pick and choose when they want to call it. the NFL needs to improve that and the challenge system turned out to be a joke. NFL refs basically decided against it on their own.

yes it would have been a harsh penalty, but the fact that Dallas couldn't get lined up in time just goes to show they were careless with their time management. that was something that they had problems with all year long, it just got hidden because it hadn't bit them yet. they also ran the clock on themselves and took a delay of game after their fake punt, which still defies logic for me since they were down by two scores at that time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking8687