Covid games moved to Monday/Tuesday

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All the games with Browns, Rams, WFT etc

This is good. Rams have to play with little practice vs Seahawks and possibly still guys missing then have a short week vs Vikings.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the games with Browns, Rams, WFT etc

This is good. Rams have to play with little practice vs Seahawks and possibly still guys missing then have a short week vs Vikings.

Yeah I just posted it in the Hudson thread the Raiders and Browns play Monday now, Seattle/Rams and WFT and Eagles play Tue.

If the CBS note on it was correct, the NFL told all the teams involved if they still have the Covid issue on the day of the game, they will forfeit the game. I don't know what their cutoff is, how they determine because they said it's a safety issue not a too many players out means sucky quality team issue.

So in theory WFT, Cleveland and the Rams are all still at risk of forfeiting if they still have too much Covid players by game time.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Rams will only have 4 days to get prepared for the Vikings. This delay can really hurt their chances of winning the NFC West.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
In other news, over 100 people who were at the Taylor Swift album release party have also gotten sick with covid. I think the NFL is gearing up for a covid ramp up now that we're in winter time. More people being indoors, with dry heaters blowing, will help spike the numbers.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's BS really. I know the Raiders had fought against the game getting moved. Those teams with outbreaks should have to forfeit if they can't field a team. There is obviously a problem with their internal protocols or the so called vaccination status of their players.
Agreed

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's BS really. I know the Raiders had fought against the game getting moved. Those teams with outbreaks should have to forfeit if they can't field a team. There is obviously a problem with their internal protocols or the so called vaccination status of their players.

Really hard to know. UCLA basketball has a coach and at least 2 players. California has the strictest protocols in the country and UCLA has been very clear they test players regularly I think daily. They require vaccinations for the fans etc.

These new variants have changed things

But I do think it's unfair either forfeit the games or move all the games because now the Raiders have to play short rest next week through no fault of their own as do the Eagles and Seahawks

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The NFL stated at the beginning of the season they wouldn’t postpone any game due to Covid. Now that 3 playoff contending teams have an outbreak, the NFL puts its tail between its legs and don’t force the 3 teams with an outbreak to forfeit. The NFL dropped the ball again when it comes to handing out punishments for Covid related infractions

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NFL stated at the beginning of the season they wouldn’t postpone any game due to Covid. Now that 3 playoff contending teams have an outbreak, the NFL puts its tail between its legs and don’t force the 3 teams with an outbreak to forfeit. The NFL dropped the ball again when it comes to handing out punishments for Covid related infractions
Yup - they surrendered when they allow Kaaron Rodgers to continue to play

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Really hard to know. UCLA basketball has a coach and at least 2 players. California has the strictest protocols in the country and UCLA has been very clear they test players regularly I think daily. They require vaccinations for the fans etc.

These new variants have changed things

But I do think it's unfair either forfeit the games or move all the games because now the Raiders have to play short rest next week through no fault of their own as do the Eagles and Seahawks
Yes, here in California we have probably the strictest covid protocols....BUT...

1) I think a lot of Rams players live and play in Orange County (they are out and about all the time here) and we have the most lax protocols, compared to LA and other parts of California. We also have the highest amount of anti this and anti that in the state.

2) Either they have a bunch of players with fake vaccine cards (after all this is the area of discreet hookups) or they mostly got the J&J shot, which seems to be the least effective. I personally know several people that have had breakthrough covid cases and all but one had J&J.

Some of this can be true of UCLA, too. This is a very rich area, where $$ buys you anything you want.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's completely gutless and unfair to the other teams. We are going to be furious if the Lions game has to move due to all the Lions on the list.

The NFL showed its Covid policy was not much more than window dressing with how they handled Rodgers. It's a farce. How Goddell continues to keep his job I cannot fathom.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TL;DR - Roger Goodell is a hypocrite

That does imply that the CBS note I got on my phone is correct, that if any of the 3 teams that got games moved due to Covid, still have too many sick guys come game time, they will forfeit not reschedule the game again

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in theory WFT, Cleveland and the Rams are all still at risk of forfeiting if they still have too much Covid players by game time.
Not sure how I feel about forfeiting, since NFL is just as responsible for the amount of players sick as the teams and players themselves...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about forfeiting, since NFL is just as responsible for the amount of players sick as the teams and players themselves...

They've been real clear the teams are responsible for it and they won't postpone games. In this case I think they agreed to move it for many reasons one of which as Ron in OC said was likely the Rams are in the thick of the playoff race and they don't want them to play a game totally short handed and maybe lose. The other teams are all in the race for Wildcards I guess but the Rams are the only one in a potential division title race.

I think the real issue would be if both teams had the problem, they're lucky in that regard so far.

Crazy we had a game Thur, games schedule for Sat, Sun, Mon and Tue now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave