Coronavirus (Covid-19) personal illnesses or stories

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by jf-08, Mar 17, 2020.

1. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Registered

I’m pretty sure my brother had it 6-7 weeks ago. He was very ill with a bad cough, fever and headache. It lasted about two weeks. His cough was so bad I gave him some codine cough syrup I had.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  2. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Actor Mark Blum dies of Coronavirus complications.

Mark Blum, Star of ‘Desperately Seeking Susan’ and ‘You,’ Dies at 69 Due to Coronavirus Complications

Mark Blum, a veteran character actor who starred in the films “Desperately Seeking Susan” and “Crocodile Dundee,” as well as the recent TV series “You,” has died due to complications from the coronavirus. He was 69.

The New York theater company Playwrights Horizons first announced the news, and SAG-AFTRA executive vice president Rebecca Damon confirmed that Blum passed away due to COVID-19. Representatives for Blum additionally confirmed the news to TheWrap.

Blum was also a fixture of the New York theater community, having won an Obie Award for his performance in the Playwrights Horizons production of a play from Albert Innaurato, “Gus and Al.” He’s also appeared on Broadway in Neil Simon’s “Lost in Yonkers,” Gore Vidal’s “The Best Man” and more.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mark-blum-star-desperately-seeking-155058856.html

3. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

While I didn't know him, I have a lot of friends that did, since he was born and raised here in Phoenix

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/03/josh-wallwork-law-order-svu-death-coronavirus/

Josh Wallwork, costumer for the longest-running drama series in TV history, Law & Order: SVU, passed away on March 26, after contracting coronavirus. He was 45.

The news was shared on Facebook by close family friend Abdul Qadir. He wrote, “It is with permission of The Wallwork Family, and a heavy heart supported by loved ones, that I announce the passing of Josh Wallwork from complications of COVID-19. He peacefully transitioned at the age of 45, today. You are loved by so many. As we always use to say, ‘Until next time,” my love.'”

4. cwamjn

cwamjn Registered

I think I had it and got over it. I would love to be able to get tested for anti bodies and have my blood tested if it helps. I had a terrible sore throat for a few days that just came on rapidly. Then a ton of mucus, them a dry cough that lasted about two more weeks. I never had anything like that before I remember even telling my wife this is a weird cold.

elindholm and DemsMyBoys like this.
  5. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Didactic

R.I.P. to all involved. :(

Here's the thing that most people who downplay this disease don't understand: There is currently NO cure for this.

Yes, thousands DO die from the flu every year, but besides being just health-compromised, a lot of these deaths involve some mistakes by either the medical providers (sent home someone who should have been admitted), or mistakes by the family and/or the patient in not getting themselves to a hospital sooner.

The biggest difference is, once you are in the hospital, there are anti-virals than can be used against the flu.

For Covid, as it stands, all anyone can do is mitigate your symptoms if possible, and make you comfortable when you need it. Either it gets worse, or it gets better. If it gets worse, you can be kept alive longer by respirators until you again, get better, or DIE.

So yes, we could all be the lucky ones who aren't adversely affected by this, but once you become one of the unlucky ones, your only hope is that they find a cure fast enough before you get worse, or your body somehow wills its way past it.

Russ Smith likes this.
  6. Raindog

Raindog Registered

I agree. I mentioned my own experience with an unusual bout of the flu earlier in this thread... and mine occurred in December, well before the worldwide pandemic took off. I also know a few other people who had similar unusual illness experiences around that time, and we all wondered back then what was going on.

No one really suspected coronavirus because that was barely in the news at the time. We all just thought the flu was a really bad version this year. I got the flu shot just before and it didn't even dent my symptoms or duration of illness... which was also highly unusual because I have always had good success with avoiding it after the vaccine.

7. Raindog

Raindog Registered

I also think there is some missing piece of the puzzle that medical science has not discovered yet - as to why some people have such a bad reaction to the virus, and so many more have mild to almost no reaction. I don't think it solely has to do with age or pre-existing underlying conditions, either.

Those are obviously a factor in many cases, but we are also hearing of many cases where seemingly perfectly healthy people are being devastated by the virus, and older, less healthy people are also surviving it with relatively little ill effect. There seems to be another unidentified factor in play that effects how badly some outcomes are.

8. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Brother in-law has it... He lives in CT but works in NYC. Fever is gone, but still has the cough and still feels like crap. He also lost his sense of smell and taste... not sure how long that lasts.
    He's been sick for 10 days now...

LVG likes this.
  9. DWKB

DWKB Registered

So thankful for her.

DemsMyBoys and jf-08 like this.
  10. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

To this point, 39 Italian Doctors have succumbed to the virus.

11. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

I'm very sorry, 82. Is he in the hospital? How's the rest of the family?

82CardsGrad likes this.
  12. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

+1

jf-08 likes this.
  13. LVG

LVG Your Friendly Neighborhood P&R Mod Contributor

That sucks man. Sorry.

82CardsGrad likes this.
  14. Luciano

Luciano Registered

One nurse killed herself after she was diagnosed with Covid 19 in Italy. Adds to the real bad tragedy.

15. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Oh no! My best to the fan!

82CardsGrad likes this.