Coronavirus (Covid-19) personal illnesses or stories

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by jf-08, Mar 17, 2020.

1. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Staff Member

I want to add another thread to talk about any personal stories about anyone you know who is ill or in your community.

From Ahwatukee (Phoenix):

cardncubfan likes this.
  2. jf-08

Also from a really close friend that lives in my neighborhood:

"And Spring Break comes to an end.

My daughter Mckenna has been so sick. She came home from NAU on Friday. No doctor would see her because of her symptoms. Dispatch Health came to our house and put on their protective uniforms in the driveway alarming some neighbors. They ruled out all types of flu, mono, strep, and pneumonia. They are now treating her as a possible Coronavirus patient. We are quarantined for two weeks. I have not come in contact with any of you since she's been home.

We are not panicking and hope she is just really sick. We have tried all night to get her tested, but it's only for the very severe respiratory cases and the elderly right now as they just don't have enough tests.

Wishing the best for us and you and yours."

3. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

So, I haven't had so much as a sniffle in years. I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and cough, sweet. No fever or anything. I'm home drinking hot tea. My wife went to Walgreens to try to find some cold meds. We have enough to eat here for a week or so, we're prolly good. Sigh.

My general mgr told my employees to shoot me on sight in the parking lot if I come near the shop.

4. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

The lack of tests shows how badly this has been bungled

jf-08 likes this.
  5. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Didactic

Jeebus Christ, man.

I hope it's nothing. From what I understand, you're in the high risk age range for Covid.

Well wishes to you, brother.

MrYeahbut likes this.
  6. jf-08

We sent every office worker home today to work remotely. I don't know how this will work out. :(

7. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

All the kids in my neighborhood were out playing yesterday like everything is completely normal. Extended spring break!

We're freaking doomed.

BigRedRage likes this.
  8. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Ouch. Best of luck and get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids and keep monitoring your temperature.

9. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

There is some Irish Pub on the west side of town that is going forward with their massive St Patty's Day celebration... constructed a massive tent and everything. MORONS!

10. LVG

LVG Your Friendly Neighborhood P&R Mod Contributor

My dad (70+ years old with a host of medical conditions) went to the VA hospital in Vegas for a scheduled appointment. About a week later, he had a fever and dry cough. Fever spiked over 8 hours then receded - classic COVID symptoms. The next day, Southern Nevada Health District announced one of the first COVID cases was discovered at the same VA hospital.

Pop calls the VA, gets shunted over to the regional nurses line, leaves a message, and gets a call back about 4 hours later. Nurse tells him to go back to the VA hospital and to get a COVID test.

Pop proceeds to ignore the nurse, stays at home. Doesn't develop severe symptoms. Towards the end of his sickness, he finally goes to the hospital. They look at his symptoms and the timeline, then pronounce that he doesn't have COVID and sends him home.

He's fully recovered. No one is really sure whether he had COVID or not.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  11. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Oh, man. I'm glad he's recovered. I guess if he did have it, it could be good that he recovered so quickly.

LVG likes this.
  12. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

I'm in bed watching NFL channel and reading the board. Can't get enough of the Cards big trade. Temp hovering at 99. Hasn't gone any higher.

Cleaning girls are here so I locked myself in the spare bedroom. My wife wiped the whole house down with disinfectant before they got here. Why they're here, I dunno. I'm not in charge.

AzStevenCal likes this.
  13. Johninromania

Johninromania Registered

I live in Romania, we have tons of people who made it out of the Containment area in Italy before they closed it down. Italy is now the epicenter of the disease. All I can say from my personal experience with these people and probably someone who has had it, Im 90% sure I’ve had it, don’t panic. Most of the people who returned who tested positive by Government mandate have very little to no symptoms. From what they told me is that most people have it or have had it and for 99% it’s very mild. Everyone just chill it isn’t he end of the world. The infection level is much higher then being reported but it seems that it is very very mild for most people. Just my 2 cents

LVG and jf-08 like this.
  14. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

If you're talking about Tim Finnegan's, my neighbor, is working as a bartender/server for it. I'm invited. :rolleyes:

By the way, her kids were some of the ones out playing yesterday. :bang:

15. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Yeah.... I think it's accepted by scientists that many more people have it or have had it than is reported. It's still a bee-yatch if one is aged and/or immune compromised.