Corker EVISCERATES Trump.

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by ajcardfan, Oct 24, 2017.

1. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

2. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

He is saying what many Republicans are saying behind closed doors. That friend of mine who owns a Conservative Political Consulting firm works with many members of Congress on campaigns and Conservative causes says they all know it. He hears them trash him behind closed doors all the time. The majority thinks he is a moron and incompetent.

What does that say about Republicans who know all this and won't act? They would rather put up with him so they can move their agenda than say what they are all thinking. Corker is on the way out and has nothing to lose. He is simply saying what they all are thinking and what Trump supporters can't face.

That's politics for you.

nashman, Mainstreet and LVG like this.
  3. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

If you want to be taken seriously, Senator Corker, atone for your rubber-stamping all of Trump's nominees. You are to blame for Trump, Corker, McCain, etc.

Leave the GOP, caucus with the Democrats, and get McConnell out of Senate President. Refuse to work with Trump until he fires all his wretched appointees.

Unless you do that, you are still a Trump minion, Corker.

4. ajcardfan

#AlerttheDayCareStaff

lol This Twitter thing is fun, isn't it, lil lyin' Donny?

UncleChris likes this.
  5. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Corker has lots to make up for but right now he's my hero. Trump is going after him at least 5-6 tweets today calling him "liddle Bob Corker" and again claiming he wouldn't endorse him and that's why Corker isn't running again.

Corker is 100% right, whether you favor the tax plan or not, and I think the GOP proposal is bad, they're going to have a nightmare getting it through the House. last night they had 2 Republicans on who said they don't have enough details on the tax plan to vote on it and that Trump keeps changing so much on it they don't know how they're going to get those details.

Corker said he's using his posiiton on Foreign Relations to specifically detail and highlight things Trump has intentionally done to harm foreign relations with other countries.

Corker went on NBC, CBS and ABC and is on CNN too saying all this stuff, as others said this is absolutely unprecedented.

This could be a huge day for the country this could be the beginning of the end of the Donald Trump fiasco.

nashman and Mainstreet like this.
  6. Russ Smith

CNN going point by point now exposing all the lies from Trump today. 2015 Corker actually wrote an op ed in the Washington Post detailing why he thought the US should NOT pass the Iran deal that Trump keeps blaming him for. Corker also was the most vocal opponent and he worked to get the House to pass a bill that allowed them to "weigh in" on the Iran deal before Obama signed it.

So Corker agrees with Trump it is a bad deal, but Trump keeps blaming him for passing it because Trump is too stupid to understand that the legislation Corker pushed through Congress was to allow them to REVIEW the proposed deal, not legislation to PASS the deal.

7. ajcardfan

It's a huge deal Russ. He is making the case that Trump is completely unfit for office. And, I bet he's far from finished. There is no way to walk this stuff back.

8. Russ Smith

100% agreed this is IMO the beginning of the end for Trump. Impeachment is difficult for lots of reasons but the main one is that in the end it's still political, you have to get enough votes in the Senate and house and that's why the assumption has been Dems are waiting for 2018 until they get the votes to get him out. Corker today is greatly enhancing the odds it can either happen earlier with Republicans following his lead, or that it'll be easier for teh Dems to get control in 18.

Between Bannon intentionally sabotaging Republicans, and Trump, you have a real issue where people that choose to side with Trump might find it very detrimental to their chances to get re-elected. So what do they value more, protection of their own job, or protecting Trump?

I think if/when Trump is out of office the NFL players should all gather at the 50 yard line before games and lead the crowd in stirring renditions of "Ding Dong the witch is dead."

9. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

We've thought that several times since the good ol' P-grabbing days, but the nightmare keeps dragging on. I'll be forever skeptical until we actually see the stake go through the vampire's heart.

thirty-two, nashman and Town Drunk like this.
  10. ajcardfan

I could see it gaining momentum in Senate pretty quickly. Sasse, McCain and flake have not been quite this blunt. But they obviously agree. If Lindsey Graham flipped now it could be a full on rebellion in the Senate.

House is a different animal. Not sure at all what can happen there

Russ Smith likes this.
  11. Russ Smith

yeah he does seem to keep escaping.

he's like a cockroach

12. Russ Smith

even the Tom Steyer impeachment ads running now on tv are unprecedented. Billionaire spending millions of his own money to publicly proclaim the POTUS is mentally unstable and needs to be impeached.

nashman likes this.
  13. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Pence would be worse for the country. Silent Theocrat.

14. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

No candidates fit for office were on the ballot. That's how this happened. People have said for a long time that professional politicians are to blame for the ills in Washington, and that we should elect an outsider, a successful professional, to lead.

Problem is that the only ones who can fit that bill are hugely wealthy and insulated types, and those seeking to find fault even from the outset will always be able to find something.

15. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Disagree. First he wouldn't be silent as President. No I don't agree with his agenda. However, we KNOW how he will behave. We know he would be more Presidential but probably not anymore truthful. Predictability is underrated IMO.