Corey Peters Injury

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Any word on what happened?

Peters (undisclosed) went to the locker room early during Tuesday's practice, Darren Urban of the Cardinals' official site reports.

Peters sustained a season-ending left Achilles tear last year in training camp, and the 2016 version doesn't appear to be treating him well either. On a positive note, he was able to walk off the field under his own power, albeit with a limp. Expect head coach Bruce Arians to clarify the injury, if any, once the requisite tests are performed.

Burns and Gambo were on the air when he walked off. They said Calais and Frostee stopped the drills they were doing to walk over to him as he limped off the field. No practice today, so Arians probably won't address it until Thursday with the media.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did read someone tweet that it didnt appear serious but we will see.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've been saying it for awhile, I think he's a huge cap casualty option.

We are so deep at Dline that every roster spot is going to be at a premium.

Peters is coming off 2 busted Achilles. This is a superbowl year. We don't have time for him to have that underwhelming "post injury season" where he gets back up to speed.

cold but true. I see him as a weak link right now

OP
OP
crisper57

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I just want everyone on the D Line to remain healthy because I do think they are the best option for trade bait as the preseason goes on.

Reaction score
I've been saying it for awhile, I think he's a huge cap casualty option.

We are so deep at Dline that every roster spot is going to be at a premium.

Peters is coming off 2 busted Achilles. This is a superbowl year. We don't have time for him to have that underwhelming "post injury season" where he gets back up to speed.

cold but true. I see him as a weak link right now

Except for the fact that he was outperforming the other NT's last year in preseason & by all reports I've seen has looked damn good this year as well.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Except for the fact that he was outperforming the other NT's last year in preseason & by all reports I've seen has looked damn good this year as well.

Before injury

and in regards to this year, today Wolf said Xavier Williams and Gunter has been outperforming him. Which is perfectly understandable, the guy is coming off his 2nd blown achilles.

But we gotta face facts. If Xavier and Gunter are playing better then they, Peters goes.

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Before injury

and in regards to this year, today Wolf said Xavier Williams and Gunter has been outperforming him. Which is perfectly understandable, the guy is coming off his 2nd blown ACL.

But we gotta face facts. If Xavier and Gunter are playing better then they, Peters goes.

ACL

Some distance between knee and foot.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
No update on this anywhere to be found...I think b8rtm8nn was referring to last season...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I actually bumped into Wolf tonight and even he didn't have any news on Peters... Other than hoping and praying it's not an Achilles! [emoji30]

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
we were definitely far superior last year with Peters in the lineup..very noticeable drop off in play when he went down...but if he is seriously injured again...I guess we should cut him loose....opens a roster spot for a younger guy

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we were definitely far superior last year with Peters in the lineup..very noticeable drop off in play when he went down...but if he is seriously injured again...I guess we should cut him loose....opens a roster spot for a younger guy
Um

He didn't play a single game for us last year. Not even a preseason game.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Um

He didn't play a single game for us last year. Not even a preseason game.
you're sure about that? didnt he play august 15th against the cheifs,...then blow his leg out around the 19th or something.

Last edited:

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
you're sure about that? didnt he play august 15th against the cheifs,...then blow his leg out around the 19th or something.
He did in fact play in the first game last pre season. I still Think he's the Best option at NT and hope he is not injured. But last year we had Two rookies backing him up. This year but Gunter and Williams have experience and Red Bryant is there

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose