Cord Cutters

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Covert Rain, Feb 25, 2016.

1. blindseyed

blindseyed I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita

I'm a stream and tech junkie, 3 Nvidia Shields, 2 fire sticks (for the kids) a Fire cube, newest Chromecast, Tivo 4K and a bunch of tablets along with a few off brand android boxes. I know I know lol
    I have Netflix and Prime but use Kodi for 90% of movies and TV shows, I have a few different live TV providers on Tivimate which is one of the best IPTV players out there , I use Emby instead of Plex for streaming my library from my PC , I just like the UI better. I have to say , I'm not a big fan of Fire sticks anymore only because of the amount of bloatware they're putting on, I've found that the new Androids coming out like Chromecast and Tivo are very fast and less intrusive, they're also a lot easier to add expanded storage. I am a Shield guy for my everyday stuff tho that's my ultimate box but love messing with all the new stuff haha

2. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

They keep telling me satellite television has gone by the wayside (still clinging to DirecTV for FSAZ) but I keep getting incredible offers ($300 credit card) to join Dish.

3. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

youtube tv my friend. $75 a month for cable but you can split it between 3 parties. Even if you added hbo and other stuff it might be like $100 a month but for 3 parties you would pay $33 each. you can access it from any smart device, the DVR is in a cloud and unlimited, its amazing.

dreamcastrocks likes this.
  4. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

It really has been awesome for us.

5. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

As I understand it they don't have FSAZ. I was about to go to YouTube TV before some streaming services dropped the channel.

6. BigRedRage

I was super skeptical and thought I would only use it for 3 months. its my primary viewing service now. so happy with it. That will go ten fold once I have built my minimilist RV in my truck bed and am watching movies and football games in the woods.

they did, something expired and they mentioned working to get it back. not sure where it goes from there.

7. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Assuming you're using your phone to run youtube tv, what are you using to send it to your tv? I use my phone as a hotspot and hook up my laptop to the tv with an hdmi cord. It works great, but I'd prefer to cut the laptop out of the process. I tried buying a cord that connects my iphone directly to the tv, but apparently apple blocks it from working somehow.

It's awesome knowing you can essentially park anywhere and still pick up good enough service to not miss any cardinals games.

8. BigRedRage

So I was hooking my phone directly to the tv with a usb-c to hdmi cable. I'm hoping next run to use the firestick and connect it to my phone's hotspot and eliminate wires/have a remote/not rely on cell battery.

It sounds like the same would work for you since already using a hotspot, you connect a streaming device to the hotspot instead of the laptop.

9. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Jeez, not sure why I didn't think of that before. Thanks.

BigRedRage likes this.