Cord Cutters

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Covert Rain, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Sweet. I'm looking forward to the mobile app too. I just started getting into that. It's neat to walk around the house getting stuff done while having the TV going on your phone.

Also, I couldn't imagine going back to the DTV style DVR with limited space. That's living like a savage! :)

azsouthendzone likes this.
  2. Folster

Folster he/haw

No problems. It's been working great.

3. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Thanks. I'm going that route.

4. AZ Native

AZ Native Living is Easy with Eyes Closed Contributor

I tried. Just cannot do it based on what I want and the Mrs wants. It would be more than I pay now.

5. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

Did somebody already explain how YouTube TV is $50 but you can share it with 5 friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Folster

Folster he/haw

Despite being able to family share with up to 5 people, you only get 3 streams so the most you could split would be 3 without risking bumping someone off.

The unique thing about family sharing is that it's tied to their own Google profile so they get their own DVR and settings.

Linderbee likes this.
  7. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

Huge soccer fan here and I have loved FuboTV for a while. Has some 4k options and does a ton of regular channels. Have Fubo, Hulu, Netflix, & Dis+. All are nice. Use friends DTV logins for Sho, HBO, and other individual channel apps and gave him a profile on Netflix, Hulu and Dis+.

Big fan of:
    Amazon Fire Cube
    Apple TV 4k

Not a fan of any sticks or in-tv apps/options as they are just too glitchy, & slow.

Have an old Roku XL for my old gaming system tv (red, yellow, white) and an Express for another.

Have a 2nd gen fire tv for my bedroom, the Apple TV 4k in the man cave, and the cube in the living room.

Apple TV is the best in the house. Cube is almost just as good. But doesn't have my full iTunes library. Movies anywhere gets most of it though.

8. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Have Apple TV 2 now and IMO is the best quality wise. Also have Fire TV and Fire Stick. Not a big fan of the sticks and Amazon treats their interface like an advertisement hub. About to purchase a 4K Roku for our bedroom. Eventually will transition all devices to one device type but wanted to test them all out first.

9. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

Does the 4k Roku still have a fan? You may want to check up on that before you choose it due to the small but persistent noise it creates. Especially if the watcher is using earbuds.

Also.... I would recommend not choosing one style. For example, Apple TV 4k was best for the Masters. Unbelievable quality. But the US Open was better on the Fire Cube.

Some apps are better than others and some providers and apps only work with certain streamers.

10. Ronin

Ronin NMSU alumnus

11. Beaver

Beaver Maximum Effort

We now have Hulu Live with Disney, but still use Comcast for high speed internet. Still comes to $130/month. Once Comcast starts offering better promotional rates, we may go back.

12. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

Youtube TV is I think $65 a month and you can split between 3 people. Should be far less expensive than Hulu live. I love it.

13. Beaver

Beaver Maximum Effort

Anyone use Locast for local channels? looks like PHX is in the coverage map. Unfortunately for me, Portland is not.

14. AZ Native

AZ Native Living is Easy with Eyes Closed Contributor

I finally cut the cord and went with Youtube TV because they had Fox AZ Sports for Dbacks and Suns and 3 weeks later they dropped the channel. Just my luck

15. jbeecham

jbeecham Registered User

The hope is that negotiations will pick up again for the Fox Regional channels once sports leagues new seasons start back up.

I don't know if it'll happen in time for the NBA season start on Dec 22nd, but I would hope that it's back by the time baseball restarts.

I've been watching games on http://crackstreams.net/

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

AZ Native likes this.