Cool Runnings (1993)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cool Runnings is a 1993 American comedy sports film directed by Jon Turteltaub and starring Leon Robinson, Doug E. Doug, Rawle D. Lewis, Malik Yoba, and John Candy. The film was released in the United States on October 1, 1993. It was Candy's last film to be released during his lifetime. It is loosely based on the true story of the Jamaica national bobsleigh team's debut in competition during the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.[1][2] The film received positive reviews, and the film's soundtrack also became popular with Jimmy Cliff's cover of "I Can See Clearly Now" reaching the top 40 as a single in nations such as the United States, Canada, France, and the UK.

Cool story, even though nearly every fact in the movie was changed. A bit sillier than I was expecting, but good PG comedies are hard to come by.

It had been a while since I'd seen a slow clap, and I must say, this one was epic.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked this movie but I think I have not seen this in probably close to 20 years. I will have to re-watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave