Confidence in Rosen.......?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Cardsfaninlouky, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

Kliff Kingsbury says Josh Rosen 'is a much, much better player than I was,' can run Air Raid offense
    • By Jared Dubin
    • Apr 10, 2019 at 11:20 am ET • 2 min read
    Before he became a coach, Kliff Kingsbury was a quarterback. He played for Texas Tech from 1998 through 2003, and finished his collegiate career as the NCAA record holder for single season and career passing attempts and completions, career interception rate, and the most single season and career games of 200 passing yards or more. He ran the Air Raid offense in college, though, and was generally not considered a top-flight prospect. He was drafted in the sixth round and bounced around the league for a few seasons, threw just two passes, spent a couple years in the CFL, and then retired to enter the coaching ranks.

A little more than a decade later, Kingsbury is the coach of the Arizona Cardinals and he's bringing his Air Raid offense to the NFL. And despite swirling rumors that his team will take Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick in this month's NFL draft, he's continuing to profess his confidence in incumbent quarterback Josh Rosen.

"He is a much, much better player than I was," Kingsbury said, per ESPN.com.

Kingsbury also believes that Rosen can run his style of offense.

"I was pretty athletic back in my day," Kingsbury said. "I was a pocket passer. Josh can move. He can extend plays more than people think. He has a great tennis background, very athletic and you don't have to be a 4.3 guy [in the 40-yard dash]. You just have to be able to move off the spot, keep your eyes downfield and extend the play enough for those guys to uncover, and when you watch the tape, he does a good job of that."

Kingsbury also noted that a coach's job is to mold his offense to the players on the team, not the other way around.

"It's our job -- whoever the coordinator is, the coach is -- to build around that guy and make sure you're doing stuff that he can do," Kingsbury said. "If he can run it, [then] do things he's good at running the football. If he's only a dropback passer, you better have concepts to get the ball out of his hand, [that] he knows where his reads are and [can] make quick decisions. The Air Raid, it has that, I guess, give-and-take in it, where you can make adjustments to it and be effective with different styles of play at that position."

We'll have to wait to see if Rosen actually gets a chance to run Kingsbury's offense, being that this is prime smokescreen season, but Kingsbury's been pretty consistent in maintaining that he has confidence the QB can do so. How much that matters to him in making a decision with the No. 1 overall pick remains to be seen.

2. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

That is not exactly a compliment...Kingsbury was trash NFL QB...

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  3. Cardsfaninlouky

Not exactly yes but it sounds like he's giving him a vote of confidence for the "air raid" at the very least.

BW52 likes this.
  4. Cardsfaninlouky

He said he watched Josh keep his eyes downfield on tape, not sure which game tape he is referring to? He only had time to look at the defensive players face coming right at him last season lol. Omg our off line was soooooooooo bad. Actually bad is giving it credit, it was beyond bad. Maybe the bomb against the 49ers or a few plays in the Green Bay game? Other than those I can't think of many.

5. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

Even in the adversity, he did not turn into captain checkdown. That's what he means.

6. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

How is that possible? He set records in college... :rolleyes:

7. TJ

TJ Suge White

I vividly remember the game @ SEA last season. The play was a play action to the left and as soon as Rosen turned his eyes back to the defense, he had two defenders right in his face. It was as if they came unabated.

It was a colossal disaster.

8. Dante

Dante Registered

Mathieu's still firing shots at Cardinals FO.

Cardsfaninlouky and b8rtm8nn like this.
  9. BigRedRage

whats it say?

10. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

I know one can say it's a slang approach to writing but I do not buy it with a majority of these guys. How the hell does someone like Mathieu even get a high school diploma... he 'not' learn grammar

11. Dante

Dante Registered

[​IMG]

In case you guys can't see the image: "He play for a organization that rather throw him under bus....facts."

12. TJ

TJ Suge White

1. He needs to get over it. Sucks to be cut, but wasn’t unjustified

2. That said, he’s not 100% wrong. On the surface, it doesn’t seem like the FO and coaches are completely behind Rosen

Dante likes this.
  13. BigRedRage

tool

14. BigRedRage

If we are keeping him, its all fabricated to appear that way. We'll see.

15. BigRedRage

HEY, DAT team dat drafted me when no 1` wanted me and thn paid me fat stacks even tho i kep gittin injured is a buster ass team yo

Cardiac, wa52lz, Red Bird and 4 others like this.