Competition for QB2

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is interesting. Streveler must be doing well in camp that he's not only likely going to make the roster, but he's pushing Hundley. I like this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't even slightly believe that.

They ain't keeping a guy who just came in from CFL over a guy who has been around the NFL for years, has several starts, who knows the playbook better and performed as well as you could expect when required.

Especially in a Covid year. I'd bet my last dollar on it.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

They ain't keeping a guy who just came in from CFL over a guy who has been around the NFL for years, has several starts, who knows the playbook better and performed as well as you could expect when required.

It's not that they'd keep Strevelr over Hundley, it's how far up the depth chart he would be.

The reality is, with COVID, that teams are more apt to keep three QBs as opposed to two this season; because if one gets sick, that QB is going to be out a minimum of two weeks. Plus, it has been advertised that Streveler would be a gadget guy like Taysom Hill in New Orleans.

Hundley has been around for a few seasons, but he hasnt proven to be a good QB at all, or at least someone who could hold the fort down while QB1 was injured. His career record is 3-6, has completed only 59% of his passes, and last season, was asked to run almost as many times as throw.

Obviously, Streveler is an unknown, but he's intriguing on multiple levels.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not that they'd keep Strevelr over Hundley, it's how far up the depth chart he would be.

The reality is, with COVID, that teams are more apt to keep three QBs as opposed to two this season; because if one gets sick, that QB is going to be out a minimum of two weeks. Plus, it has been advertised that Streveler would be a gadget guy like Taysom Hill in New Orleans.

Hundley has been around for a few seasons, but he hasnt proven to be a good QB at all, or at least someone who could hold the fort down while QB1 was injured. His career record is 3-6, has completed only 59% of his passes, and last season, was asked to run almost as many times as throw.

Obviously, Streveler is an unknown, but he's intriguing on multiple levels.

Same reasons apply. And I've watched Strevelers highlight film. He's nowhere near NFL QB2 quality.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think Streveler offers more on game day if he's really a Taysom Hill kind of guy. Similar to the Hill situation last year in New Orleans, I'd rather have a guy who is going to see the field a little bit on gameday than a guy who holds the clipboard the whole time. Sure, you run the risk of your starting QB getting hurt, but hopefully a Streveler could hold on just for the one game, until a Hundley would be elevated for any long term issues, but at least you're not wasting a valuable active spot for nothing in the other weeks.

Now, Taysom Hill has proven value, Streveler has none as of yet.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He may have a chance to stick with the 53, but in a taysom hill role, multipositional role
Qb, RB, WR, te, special teams

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Streveler offers more on game day if he's really a Taysom Hill kind of guy. Similar to the Hill situation last year in New Orleans, I'd rather have a guy who is going to see the field a little bit on gameday than a guy who holds the clipboard the whole time. Sure, you run the risk of your starting QB getting hurt, but hopefully a Streveler could hold on just for the one game, until a Hundley would be elevated for any long term issues, but at least you're not wasting a valuable active spot for nothing in the other weeks.

The guy was a mediocre CFL QB. He wasn't even a starting CFL QB. Matt Nicholas threw for nearly 6000 yards last year. Streveler came in for gadget plays.

I don't want some Canadian dollar store Taysom Hill at QB2.

He's not even Taysom Hill. Hill plays TE and is a receiving threat. Streveler hasn't caught anything ever.

Let this fantasy die.

Streveler isn't even close to Brett Hundley.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He may have a chance to stick with the 53, but in a taysom hill role, multipositional role
Qb, RB, WR, te, special teams

Why?

Have you ever thought "What this offense really needs is 2nd string Canadian QB who can't catch, can't throw but isn't too bad with his legs against Canadian defenses"

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why?

Have you ever thought "What this offense really needs is 2nd string Canadian QB who can't catch, can't throw but isn't too bad with his legs against Canadian defenses"

I don't know but I think the staff thought he can do it when they signed him
Is not a pure passer, the only thing he can offer is versatility

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The guy was a mediocre CFL QB. He wasn't even a starting CFL QB. Matt Nicholas threw for nearly 6000 yards last year. Streveler came in for gadget plays.

He's not even Taysom Hill. Hill plays TE and is a receiving threat. Streveler hasn't caught anything ever.

Let this fantasy die.

Streveler isn't even close to Brett Hundley.
I guess we'll see, man. I think Brett Hundley is pretty bad, and I think a running/passing QB threat would be interesting if Kingsbury is the offensive genius everyone says he is.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess we'll see, man. I think Brett Hundley is pretty bad, and I think a running/passing QB threat would be interesting if Kingsbury is the offensive genius everyone says he is.

I guarantee you Hundley looks like Mahomes next to Streveler

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Ok...hear me out on this. There has been speculation, and at least 1 coach (BA) has said it out loud, that teams may explore quarantining a QB, in case a starter gets COVID and has to miss a game or two. Could it be possible, if KK is thinking along those lines, that Hundley is the stashed/quarantined QB, because he may offer more than Streveler, if starting a few games is needed?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok...hear me out on this. There has been speculation, and at least 1 coach (BA) has said it out loud, that teams may explore quarantining a QB, in case a starter gets COVID and has to miss a game or two. Could it be possible, if KK is thinking along those lines, that Hundley is the stashed/quarantined QB, because he may offer more than Streveler, if starting a few games is needed?

Why? They are testing up the wazoo. Keeping your QB2 away from the team makes him worse.

I think this is one of those media ideas that has no hold on reality.

Rain Man

Rookie
Reaction score

I would say Hundley and hope for the project player to make it to practice sqaud?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Any update on Hundley’s legal issue he had? Any chance that’s playing into it?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Spot on solar. I've read where Streveler has above average arm strength & throws a very accurate & catchable ball. You don't last in the CFL if you can't throw a football because they pass it so much. What little we got to see of the red & white game he looked good. Passes on target & had a nice long run for a TD. Hundley has the experience but Streveler has the Taysom Hill factor possibly? Not sure how good of a runner Hundley is but it looks like Streveler has a leg up (pun intended) in that dept. Just a guess, Streveler makes the practice squad & is one of the 4 protected players. Hundley is 2nd string because of what he showed in games backing up Kyler in 2019.

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
When he was a fr and soph in college he was a wr besides a qb. He threw for 8 tds and ran for 12 tds in his last year for cfl. Which is pretty good sincee the cfl only plat 10 - 12 games a year. Britcard, Taysom Hill is a QB now and Streveler is our Taysom Hill. Man, Streveler has thick thighs. Cards will keep three qbs because Streveler can play qb, rb, wr, and te.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Hundley didn't deserve to be pushed in contention for the qb2 with a guy who barely played the qb role in the Canadian football league
He is a good guy and when called he offered a good performance
I find it a bit disrespectful

Still convinced beside the public statement made by Kingsbury the, streveler role is different and would allow the coach to call some tricky plays

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spot on solar. I've read where Streveler has above average arm strength & throws a very accurate & catchable ball. You don't last in the CFL if you can't throw a football because they pass it so much. What little we got to see of the red & white game he looked good. Passes on target & had a nice long run for a TD. Hundley has the experience but Streveler has the Taysom Hill factor possibly? Not sure how good of a runner Hundley is but it looks like Streveler has a leg up (pun intended) in that dept. Just a guess, Streveler makes the practice squad & is one of the 4 protected players. Hundley is 2nd string because of what he showed in games backing up Kyler in 2019.

He doesn't last in the CFL. He's a backup they wheel out for gadget plays that runs as much as he throws.

But I agree he goes to the PS and Hundley stays QB2.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When he was a fr and soph in college he was a wr besides a qb. He threw for 8 tds and ran for 12 tds in his last year for cfl. Which is pretty good sincee the cfl only plat 10 - 12 games a year. Britcard, Taysom Hill is a QB now and Streveler is our Taysom Hill. Man, Streveler has thick thighs. Cards will keep three qbs because Streveler can play qb, rb, wr, and te.

Dude. Streveler had one catch for 4 yards in the whole of college. He made 11 passes as a GB his whole time in college.

Even then Streveler was the really athletic guy that wasn't actually good at football.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Any update on Hundley’s legal issue he had? Any chance that’s playing into it?
I highly doubt it. If there were any hint of truth to the allegation, Hundley would’ve been cut immediately.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Now THIS is the funniest thing I've heard all summer! LMAO!!!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Why? They are testing up the wazoo. Keeping your QB2 away from the team makes him worse.

I think this is one of those media ideas that has no hold on reality.

In June, Arians admitted he's given it thought. So it's just a media thing.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I can’t imagine Hundley wont be the backup.
I fully expect this to be the case. I don’t like Hundley at all, so any opportunity for him to be pushed, I welcome

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave