compensatory picks

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone have a guess as to extra picks we might get.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Annually asked question.

My annual response - Lower than we think we're gonna get.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Annually asked question.

My annual response - Lower than we think we're gonna get.

I actually think the NFL might do us right this year. The loss of Plummer, Martay, Sanders, and Boston hase to count for something.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oran
I actually think the NFL might do us right this year. The loss of Plummer, Martay, Sanders, and Boston hase to count for something.

the compensatory picks, I believe, are based upon production of those lost players.

Martay & Sanders haven't done anything. Boston & Plummer are having a mediocre season.

I don't think the Football Executives will be too generous to us. :(

pinnacle

Reaction score
I would not expect much...it is kind of an offset.

I think the free agents we signed - that excludes guys who were cut by other teams - are darling, blake and jackson.

Offset with plummer, boston and lassiter.

players like Emmitt and mcdaniel do not count (not that it matters) because they were cut by their previous team..only applies to players who contracts were up.

Due to the fact that plummer is having a better year than blake...we will probably get something like a 6th round pick...just a guess. I would guess the combo of lassiter and boston offsets jackson and darling...

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
the compensatory picks, I believe, are based upon production of those lost players.

Martay & Sanders haven't done anything. Boston & Plummer are having a mediocre season.

No the compensatory picks are based on the contracts that they signed, and the free agent pick ups we got and their contracts. I predicted a couple years ago that we would get a 3rd rounder for Rice and the people that left that year...Russ called me crazy, so did Harry, but I was right. I would guess considering the big contracts that Jake and David signed we would get a 4th at the lowest good chance at a 3rd.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score

Plummer is having a mediocre season... say what!!!:confused: :confused:

2003: Plummer—voted offensive captain at midseason, joining teammate Rod Smith—has started eight of 12 games, missing Wk. 6 (vs. Pit., 10/12) because of a right shoulder injury, and Wks. 7-9 (at Min., 10/19; at Bal., 10/26 and vs. N.E., 11/3) because of a broken left foot. He has completed 133 of 220 passes (60.5%) for 1,437 yds. and 13 touchdowns, with 5 interceptions, for a passer rating of 89.9. He ranks sixth in the AFC (8th NFL) in passer rating and ranks seventh in the AFC in touchdown passes, despite missing four games

Last edited:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Northern Card

He ranks sixth in the AFC (8th NFL) in passer rating and ranks seventh in the AFC in touchdown passes, despite missing four games

right in the middle of the pack of the AFC for starters :)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
right in the middle of the pack of the AFC for starters :)

Much as I hate to defend Plummer, you conveniently failed to mention the 'despite 4 games' bit. While it does strengthen your argument, it fails to make that argument factual. Damn, I just defended the Fake! Aaaaargh!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Northern Card

2003: Plummer—voted offensive captain at midseason, joining teammate Rod Smith—has started eight of 12 games, missing Wk. 6 (vs. Pit., 10/12) because of a right shoulder injury, and Wks. 7-9 (at Min., 10/19; at Bal., 10/26 and vs. N.E., 11/3) because of a broken left foot. He has completed 133 of 220 passes (60.5%) for 1,437 yds. and 13 touchdowns, with 5 interceptions, for a passer rating of 89.9. He ranks sixth in the AFC (8th NFL) in passer rating and ranks seventh in the AFC in touchdown passes, despite missing four games

Doesn't really matter. If they fail to make the playoffs, he'll be a bigger failure to Denver fans than he was here to Cards fans after the season when he threw 9TDs and 23 picks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose