Community (NBC)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Was the episode written by a U of A or ASU grad? Lot's of "Bear Down" references (U of A pride?), but then they twisted the meaning of that phrase to mean something bad (ASU revenge?).

Funniest show on TV right now.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Community Canceled by NBC

http://www.eonline.com/news/539592/community-canceled-by-nbc

Class dismissed: Community has been canceled by NBC. Start assembling those Subway sandwiches!

The beloved NBC comedy about a misfit group of community college students starred Joel McHale, Yvette Nicole Brown, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Jim Rash, Ken Jeong and Alison Brie. Former cast members include Donald Glover and Chevy Chase. John Oliver and Breaking Bad's Jonathan Banks recurred on the comedy.

Community hailed from the mind of Dan Harmon. He left the series prior to the start of season four and returned for the just-wrapped fifth season.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Unreal. And completely Stupid.

You bring Harmon back only to cancel it? Should have pulled the plug last year.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
It is also syndicated on CW I'm watching it as we speak

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just realized that Yahoo has picked up Community. Just watched one episode and it's not that bad. Glad to see a lot of the cast being back, including Joel McHale.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Netflix is now showing reruns of Community! Perfect timing.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Netflix is now showing reruns of Community! Perfect timing.
Sweet! Definitely gonna re-watch this next now that I’m done with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Love fun comedy shows!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I never did get a chance to comment on this show, because I watched it way after it was over, during the pandemic, and freaking loved it! Yeah, the later seasons weren't as good, but I'll take a movie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I never did get a chance to comment on this show, because I watched it way after it was over, during the pandemic, and freaking loved it! Yeah, the later seasons weren't as good, but I'll take a movie.
Seasons 2 & 3 are amazing.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't believe I never saw this show until very recently. I was reading about the cast of The Bear, which I had just watched, and I read that the actress who plays Tiffany in Season 2, Gillian Jacobs, is well known for Community. I watched the Community pilot on Hulu this past weekend, and before I knew it I had watched 14 episodes! Excellent, Arrested Development-quality stuff. And an incredibly young Alison Brie - I didn't even realize it was her, at first. I will probably finish my binge before next weekend, especially since there are no commercials in my Hulu subscription. :thumbup:

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I can't believe I never saw this show until very recently. I was reading about the cast of The Bear, which I had just watched, and I read that the actress who plays Tiffany in Season 2, Gillian Jacobs, is well known for Community. I watched the Community pilot on Hulu this past weekend, and before I knew it I had watched 14 episodes! Excellent, Arrested Development-quality stuff. And an incredibly young Alison Brie - I didn't even realize it was her, at first. I will probably finish my binge before next weekend, especially since there are no commercials in my Hulu subscription. :thumbup:
This was some of the best TV on air. The fort and paintball episodes were amazing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can’t believe you never came across it! But I guess that’s no different than the fact I had never come across Freaks and Geeks back in the day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose