Commanders sold for $6 Billion Dollars

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I don't think it is about money with Bidwill. Not only is it a family tradition/business, but he also thrives on the power and the perceived influence he has that allows him to rub elbows with people he would otherwise have no business meeting/dealing with.
Any billionaire runs elbows with whoever they want whether they own a sports team or not. Michael won’t be in the “club” regardless since he didn’t really earn it like many of the other guys.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
True, but we're talking about musical celebrities, actors, governors, mayors, and other lawmakers. Influential people he can invite up to his suite. Not all are billionaires.
That’s a good point.

A bit of extra status with owning an NFL football team vs being your garden variety billionaire. Although I’m sure MB has noticed last few years the celebrities wanting in his box are now channel 12 anchors not the who’s who of Hollywood, DC, or Wall Street.

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
How many Cards fans would we need at $100,000 per to come up with 5-6 billion $. I'm willing to put up. So how many more do we need? Do we have that many true fans?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
On a serious note, just the thought of how much money these billionaires really have to buy a sports team with, and instead of that knowing how many homeless they could feed and permanently house, could make some people sad and disillusioned with the human ego and mindset. What the hell is this universe for and about? Hopefully at its core it has nothing whatsoever to do with us and this planet, because in the spirit of the magnitude of all existence we are total meaningless ****.

Oops sorry, there I go again rattling all our cages and taking the fun out by stating the truth.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
How many Cards fans would we need at $100,000 per to come up with 5-6 billion $. I'm willing to put up. So how many more do we need? Do we have that many true fans?
60,000 needed at $6 Billion

You basically charge $100k for an event at the stadium...sell it out and buy the team.

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
With all the bad publicity Michael is receiving now, it could be timely for him and his siblings to sell. If the father's estate plan was typical, the Cardinals are owned by a trust with all the children being beneficiaries. Michael probably was named trustee and the question is whether he has sole authority to authorize a sale. One would think the siblings would be eager for a sale. One possibility would be for a sale of a majority interest with the trust still owning an interest that could keep Michael involved to some degree.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
With all the bad publicity Michael is receiving now, it could be timely for him and his siblings to sell. If the father's estate plan was typical, the Cardinals are owned by a trust with all the children being beneficiaries. Michael probably was named trustee and the question is whether he has sole authority to authorize a sale. One would think the siblings would be eager for a sale. One possibility would be for a sale of a majority interest with the trust still owning an interest that could keep Michael involved to some degree.
They aren't selling...however, this would absolutely not be the best time. He needs the heat to move off of him for a bit and the focus to be back on the team...with some wins, hopefully, and updated facilities. Selling now is selling at a low point. Washington is at a low point, too, but their overall history and brand is much more valuable than the Cardinals and they can withstand it, somewhat.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
60,000 needed at $6 Billion

You basically charge $100k for an event at the stadium...sell it out and buy the team.
Good thinking, but what event would be strong enough to warrant that 100k price tag?

All I can think of to advertise that the stadium is really a space ship designed to cruise the universe at near light speed, stopping by several alien home worlds, on the way to visiting different galaxies. A 24 hour excursion through time and space. Reserve your seat now! They are going fast.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sports properties have a cachet and the super rich will pay above initial value as they are rarely on the market.

The owner of the Ottawa Senators died a few years back and his daughters have put it up for sale. Recent reports indicate fierce bidding with a likely final price of 1-billion with an arena.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man!!!! You know how much bourbon that my wife could buy with $6B!!!!

This would be her new Sheshed:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good thinking, but what event would be strong enough to warrant that 100k price tag?

All I can think of to advertise that the stadium is really a space ship designed to cruise the universe at near light speed, stopping by several alien home worlds, on the way to visiting different galaxies. A 24 hour excursion through time and space. Reserve your seat now! They are going fast.

You would form a corporation to buy the team and everybody who pays the 100k would receive equity. Then you have the first publicly owned and traded team. Profits would be distributed out as dividends each year. People could buy in with their IRA to fund retirement etc. Would be pretty cool actually.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
That’s a good point.

A bit of extra status with owning an NFL football team vs being your garden variety billionaire. Although I’m sure MB has noticed last few years the celebrities wanting in his box are now channel 12 anchors not the who’s who of Hollywood, DC, or Wall Street.
i cannot stand by and let you defame Blake Shelton

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Surely the Cardinals are worth at least $4 Billion.

Hey Bidwill siblings - who wants to be a billionaire?

Would you rather own the Cardinals and have tens of millions rolling in every single year guaranteed or have $6bn sat in the bank and no Cardinals? Plus, every year that $5bn is rising. In 5 years it will probably be worth $8bn. In 10 years probably $12bn.

I know which one I'd rather have. I know which most billionaires would rather have considering the long list of them desperate to own an NFL team.

There are 750 billionaires in the US and only 32 NFL owners.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Would you rather own the Cardinals and have tens of millions rolling in every single year guaranteed or have $6bn sat in the bank and no Cardinals?

the GB Packers made $77 mm in pre tax profit last year -- the 2021 season (interestingly, they lost $38mm in the 2020 covid year)

the Cards probably dont make as much as GB, but still do fine -- I suspect something like $35-$45mm per year.

four Bidwill kids -- they can probably count on a $9-10mm per year distribution each. Maybe less as i doubt that when the Cardinals lost money in the 2020 year they pulled money back from the kids -- probably either ate up operating reserves or got bank financing that has to be paid back.

selling for $6B, or $1.5B each is a far superior financial choice than the annuity of $10mm.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
selling for $6B, or $1.5B each is a far superior financial choice than the annuity of $10mm.

Not when the price of the asset is forever increasing.

They are seeing $10m each in cash but the asset is probably appreciating by $500m+ a year. Teams were costing a billion 10 years ago and now it's $5bn+. Plus they get to mix with Governors, Senators, Rock Stars, Actors etc.

Billionaires are 10 a penny. NFL ownership is a club that once you get in very few ever want to get out.

I'd be amazed if the Bidwill's ever sold. It's ingrained in their identity.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Great fans who will support the team
Like they did with the Rams?

If we were guaranteed an expansion team, I'm sure AZ would be thrilled to rid themselves of the curse of the Bidwills. This town is incredibly hungry for good football - unfortunately, we've mostly received total crap from a failson.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Definitely wasn't my intent. I've been a FB Cardinals' fan since 1947. And a Baseball Cardinals' fan since 1945. So on the FB side, it's been a tough ride. I was happy when the team was in STL, but, imo, Bill Bidwill was lied to when he was convinced to move to Arizona with promises of a new stadium, etc. Took forever to get the stadium, but since we had it the team did okay. But, now we've in a downward spiral and many are calling for the team to be sold. I'm inferring that you should be careful for what you wish for. And if that is bait, it wasn't my intent. People of STL were really screwed by Stan Koronke (Sp?) who got a stadium and then moved to LA. At least Mr. B moved because he didn't get a stadium in STL and believed the Arizona people who told him that he'd get one near term in AZ.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think closer to the $6 b than $4b

so much of NFL revenues are shared -- and those have only gone up. While Washington has more local revenue potential -- they also have a terrible stadium situation

I think the population growth rates in AZ and Maricopa county and a good stadium situation would make the values comparable --
It isn't. It is closer to 4 than 6 for sure.

Taylor Swift seemingly these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson