Colin Cowherd on Kyler and coaching situation we are in ....

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apart from K1 demands coming before their extensions as @kerouac9 said its completely normal for HC and GM extensions to be done much earlier in the year. They are much simpler contracts for much less money.

Never has a 3rd year contract extension for a player been done before late June and its completely normal for them to be done in August.

I also don't see how they are related at all.
So if you were Kyler and you witnessed Kiem and Kingsbury getting an extension would you not feel you deserved one too?
None of these guys should have been extended. The way this team flamed out should have at least planted a seed of doubt.
As far as the time line I’m sure word had gotten to Kyler( remember same agent as Kingsbury) that contracts were being extended to K and K.

Wait a minute. No mention of me getting an new contract when every week I’m putting my body on the line?

Maybe one thing we can agree on is Bidwill is an idiot. I’m sure he’s laid in bed at night and wondered, “ what the f*** was I thinking?”

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
So if you were Kyler and you witnessed Kiem and Kingsbury getting an extension would you not feel you deserved one too?
None of these guys should have been extended. The way this team flamed out should have at least planted a seed of doubt.
As far as the time line I’m sure word had gotten to Kyler( remember same agent as Kingsbury) that contracts were being extended to K and K.

Wait a minute. No mention of me getting an new contract when every week I’m putting my body on the line?

Maybe one thing we can agree on is Bidwill is an idiot. I’m sure he’s laid in bed at night and wondered, “ what the f*** was I thinking?”
Going from memory alone, I remember Kyler talking extension before the others were extended, but it escalated after their extensions were made public.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol. Yeah, who wants a an MVP?

It’s not like Jalen Hurts is a polished pocket passer. Where’d it get him?
I get it. I really do. But it was 2019. He barely threw over 3k yards, though he killed it on the ground, and threw a ton of TD passes. How can I argue? Im an armchair idiot, and it was unanimous. I just dont really think he's a superbowl winning QB. For the record I dont love Hurts either, but here we are. Maybe my CFDS leads me to believe that stellar QB play is defined by the likes of Jake Plummer and Timm Rosenbaugh

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In retrospect, it appears they didn’t. Definitely overrated his abilities and commitment ( or lack thereof) to learning his craft. He doesn’t pass the eye test for certain.

There's an 'eye test,' and then there's:

57 games - 66.8 completion percentage - 84 passing TDs - 23 TDs via run = 107

Averages behind Burrow and Herbert and well ahead of Lawrence among the younger guns.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The former GM screwed up the Kyler extensions by the timing of it. It's not like some of us here, and maybe one or two in the media, weren't saying to extend Kyler before that season started. That delaying would bite the team in the ass because it was 100 he was going to get extended. If it has been done then, 3 Yrs was feasible.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one is going to talk well about Kyler right now. You gotta have hot takes in the media today and the only hot take that can get even the slightest attention about the Cardinals is that Kyler is a disaster and the franchise is doomed. Because negative news sells.

I couldn't sleep a couple of nights ago and I watched highlights of the first three games of the 2021 season. He played great. The new coach has to salvage that talent. It is there.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Remember, Bidwill started all this by the asinine decision to sign Kiem and Kingsbury to an extension. THAT started the ball rolling downhill.
Of course , Kyler is sitting there putting his ass on the line and is asking, “What about me?”
It started the day Kiem and Kingsbury were extended. If not for that I kind of think Kyler’s demands would have fallen on deaf ears.
The Kyler Drama started before the Keim and Kliff extansions. Near the end of the Kyler Drama, Keim an Kliff got an extansion and Kyler some week later.

But yes, Keim & Kliff never should have gotten an Extension and Kyler had his 4th year his fifth year and at least 2 Franchise tag time of getting payed... No need to sign him early, especially not a top 5 Money contract.

Gosh signing a player early should be cheaper and not top 5 money ... And I'm quite sure that Kyler will be a top 10 earning QB for the next 2 years.

Also there Cowherd is right, Kyler got that extansion and other will suffer because of it, because everyone sees that the Cards messed it up.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kyler Drama started before the Keim and Kliff extansions. Near the end of the Kyler Drama, Keim an Kliff got an extansion and Kyler some week later.

But yes, Keim & Kliff never should have gotten an Extension and Kyler had his 4th year his fifth year and at least 2 Franchise tag time of getting payed... No need to sign him early, especially not a top 5 Money contract.

Gosh signing a player early should be cheaper and not top 5 money ... And I'm quite sure that Kyler will be a top 10 earning QB for the next 2 years.

Also there Cowherd is right, Kyler got that extansion and other will suffer because of it, because everyone sees that the Cards messed it up.
That's correct. The extended Kyler too late. They waited, Carr got his extension and Keim had effed it up.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler never should have been extended. If he chose to sit out? Good. Pick up a QB that wants to be here and move on. Let him sit. He'd eventually see that we have his rights and come back to playing - or go to baseball, who knows with this guy, but in the end, I'd have preferred that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No. I don't see how they are remotely connected. Apart from Kyler's demands coming first I find the idea that Kyler got all mad because Keim got a $2.5m extension when Kyler was already earning $10m per a bit weird.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Bidwill thought he was doing the right thing. He saw the Cardinals being successful under Kingsbury and Murray so he signed them long-term and paid a funk ton to do so

Bidwill isn't cheap, he may make poor and premature decisions but he isn't cheap and he wants to win. It's why the fan base was ecstatic to see a GM hired who had no ties with Arizona
So you're saying Bidwill can be so inept as to be 100 percent wrong and pay hundreds of millions because of it? But @BritCard says we're not a joke of an organization!

Stout

Reaction score
The former GM screwed up the Kyler extensions by the timing of it. It's not like some of us here, and maybe one or two in the media, weren't saying to extend Kyler before that season started. That delaying would bite the team in the ass because it was 100 he was going to get extended. If it has been done then, 3 Yrs was feasible.
And, I'm sorry, but that segment of posters were 100 percent wrong.

Stout

Reaction score
No one is going to talk well about Kyler right now. You gotta have hot takes in the media today and the only hot take that can get even the slightest attention about the Cardinals is that Kyler is a disaster and the franchise is doomed. Because negative news sells.

I couldn't sleep a couple of nights ago and I watched highlights of the first three games of the 2021 season. He played great. The new coach has to salvage that talent. It is there.
Highlights only show the good stuff. He didn't play great in the first three games. He made some great plays, especially against deh raiduhs, but he didn't play great.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler never should have been extended. If he chose to sit out? Good. Pick up a QB that wants to be here and move on. Let him sit. He'd eventually see that we have his rights and come back to playing - or go to baseball, who knows with this guy, but in the end, I'd have preferred that.
100% this

Panic move by the FO

After the collapse we saw it definitely should have been put off

How big of a red flag did they need?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well I’m glad you’re not a GM or have any type of say so in the matter. It was a pure business move. He got extended and will be the qb for the forseeable future. It’s over. No feelings were attached to the move.

Stout

Reaction score
Well I’m glad you’re not a GM or have any type of say so in the matter. It was a pure business move. He got extended and will be the qb for the forseeable future. It’s over. No feelings were attached to the move.
Yes, he got extended extremely early and got a lot of money, then crapped the bed in season, then tore up his knee. It is over, and now we're hamstrung at the position with a QB who may never come good and is not going to be ready for next season regardless, due to injury. Hooray?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave