Coffee while camping/outdoors

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, these days I have a super minimalist setup, sleep out of my truck and essentially live like a backpacker while camping. I've tried the big perculators and etc for coffee and they work and all but I want something small, simple and efficient. I do own a jetboil and just found this and I am totally buying it and adding this to my kitchen. I just need to make sure it fits my specific jetboil.

https://www.amazon.com/vdp/d6403cc3...B082XXZ36S&ref=cm_sw_em_r_ib_dt_OyJqZ2D6zbutT

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, these days I have a super minimalist setup, sleep out of my truck and essentially live like a backpacker while camping. I've tried the big perculators and etc for coffee and they work and all but I want something small, simple and efficient. I do own a jetboil and just found this and I am totally buying it and adding this to my kitchen. I just need to make sure it fits my specific jetboil.

https://www.amazon.com/vdp/d6403cc3...B082XXZ36S&ref=cm_sw_em_r_ib_dt_OyJqZ2D6zbutT
Get an Aeropress and prepackage your grounds. It's simple, fast, cheap, and delicious.

You don't even need to use hot water.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get an Aeropress and prepackage your grounds. It's simple, fast, cheap, and delicious.

So is that for cold brew, or can you use hot water if that is your preference?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Intriguing. Would have prepackaged grounds regardless. Will have to research this vs what I found. I only like coffee hot so likely would be using the jetboil to make hot water anyway.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is that for cold brew, or can you use hot water if that is your preference?

I use it for both. I like it a little better with hot but it works like a charm with room temp or cold water.

When using the cold water I use the "inverted method" where I tip the Aeropress over and put the grounds on the plunger, letting it bloom for about 30 seconds, then fill it, stir, put the filter cap on and press. Then depending on taste, you can add more water to your cup if needed.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

I have one of those but an older version for my jetboil. Totally worth the money and a good setup.

They take a bit of water to clean, so if you don't want to clean them then Starbucks VIA works well for instant coffee.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

that’s badass

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA