Coffee Talk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Figured I’d ask the collective here. I’m not a coffee drinker, but my wife is. She wants to make the jump over to a single cup pod machine, given she’s the only one in the house who drinks coffee. Any recommendations? I’ve looked at the Nesspresso machines for her, but it looks like you can only use their proprietary pods. She enjoys SF Bay coffee and I know Costco carries their pods. Any suggestions? My office complains about Keurig all the time so I wasn’t sure about going with that brand.
I got a generic "Keurig" type machine from Walmart that worked just fine for the pods. I would suggest looking for one that matches your decor by shopping on Amazon, etc. If she has black appliances you can probably go the Walmart way. If she has a certain color or stainless, get one she can leave out that matches her kitchen scheme.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured I’d ask the collective here. I’m not a coffee drinker, but my wife is. She wants to make the jump over to a single cup pod machine, given she’s the only one in the house who drinks coffee. Any recommendations? I’ve looked at the Nesspresso machines for her, but it looks like you can only use their proprietary pods. She enjoys SF Bay coffee and I know Costco carries their pods. Any suggestions? My office complains about Keurig all the time so I wasn’t sure about going with that brand.
We use the SF Bay pods exclusively. We like the taste plus the pods have no plastic in them.

We have a Keurig machine that works well. We got one that allows for a strong setting, which brews it in the pot a little bit longer.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I'm at my brother's and he has a machine where you put in whole beans, can adjust the grind size and brew strength, add water and just make a pot - can be a single cup or a whole pot.

Works pretty nice. Think it's a breville

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I'm at my brother's and he has a machine where you put in whole beans, can adjust the grind size and brew strength, add water and just make a pot - can be a single cup or a whole pot.

Works pretty nice. Think it's a breville
That’s nice. I’ll try to find that. Appreciate it.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Check out the Ninja dual brew. I got mine at costco. It does both kcups or a regular pot. I'd grab one again in a heartbeat over another keurig. My last 2 died way too quick and the Ninja produces a better tasting cup with the same brand of kcups.

The SFBay French Roast from Costco is what I usually make too. The pods work straight out of the box with the Ninjas. The recent models of Keurig require an adapter ring to get them to brew correctly. It was a mess before SFBay started shipping the boxes with one.